    it goes as far as PCI Device listing and then the verifying DMI message.
    has anyone ever got this sorted.
    Barney
    Barney, Jul 20, 2006

  2. Barney

    Mistoffolees Guest

    Look here: www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000474.htm
    Mistoffolees, Jul 20, 2006

  3. Barney

    Barney Guest

    Barney, Jul 20, 2006
  4. Barney

    Margolotta Guest

    On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 09:11:39 +0100, Barney wrote
    (in article <%UGvg.45431$>):

    > "Mistoffolees" <> wrote in message
    >

    >> Look here: www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000474.htm

    > Thanks for the interest but I have been to that site and many, many more.
    > Thanks anyway

    Then you should state that in your OP. We don't know where you've been or
    what you've done. If you don't want to assist us, then why should we assist
    you?!

    May I suggest you Google? This is a very common issue.
    Margolotta, Jul 20, 2006
  5. Yep, as any of you search the google groups archive for more
    posts by the nutter margolotta, or Sarah Balfour, or magrat
    or whatever she is using now. She maybe 40 or 50 as you
    read this, but at the time of this post she was a 30yr old
    unemployed women. Very isolated and sponging off her
    parents and welfare state.
    And yep, thats all she has done with her life, sat in front of
    her monitor haunting usenet with her bullshit. She has
    never done anything else, never been employed, never
    travelled, never actually achieved anything.
    And yes, even back in these days of 2006 she was aware
    that everyone knew exactly who she was. she was aware
    she was the subject of scorn, and ridicule etc. She always
    did this too, when confronted with her failings and/or her
    bullshit she would just abandon the thread and hop over
    to another! It is/was an odd pathological obssession of
    hers, she just couldn't stop herself.
    You maybe reading this many years after it's actual post,
    if so you'll have seen there is so much in the archive
    about Sarah, and I have no doubt you'll also have read
    the bizarre claims she makes about herself. None of it's
    true. No, back in these days she wasn't the first female
    IT consultant to the muslim Prime Minister, nor English
    teacher to the Somalian born governor of Texas. Or
    whatever hostile offensive nonsense she maybe posting,
    it's not true, she will have got to pensioners age and all
    she will have done is spent her life addicted to usenet
    typing bullshit. The archive is full her puff.

    For the archive, Jul 20, 2006
  6. Barney

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 06:07:29 +0000, Barney wrote:

    > I have come up against the dreaded "Verifying DMI Pool Data". I have tried
    > everything I could find to cure it but nothing ha worked. I can't replace
    > the drive as it has the OS in a hidden partition and I use a Reload cd.
    > Windows XP on Time pc. the drive is connected to the motherboard by a
    > Ultra ATA cable. I've reset the BIOS with no joy. When I insert the Reload
    > cd everything goes as planned it reads it and then press R, then it runs
    > from the hidden partition onto the disc. Then the message**The PC has been
    > restored back to factory default, remove cd and press any key" At the POST
    > it goes as far as PCI Device listing and then the verifying DMI message.
    > has anyone ever got this sorted.
    > Barney

    Could try flashing your BIOS to the latest release if you haven't done
    that already.

    --
    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, Jul 20, 2006
  7. Barney

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 06:07:29 GMT, Barney wrote:

    >I have come up against the dreaded "Verifying DMI Pool Data". I have tried
    >everything I could find to cure it but nothing ha worked. I can't replace
    >the drive as it has the OS in a hidden partition and I use a Reload cd.

    Why a drive fault?

    >Windows XP on Time pc. the drive is connected to the motherboard by a Ultra

    Why reload XP? The PC basically hasn't fully booted and Windows hasn't
    started yet / much / at all.

    >ATA cable. I've reset the BIOS with no joy. When I insert the Reload cd

    Reset what? New version/ Old version or maybe Factory / Optimal /
    Defauts?

    Pulled CMOS battery out for a while, or even the CMOS , reset jumper?

    >everything goes as planned it reads it and then press R, then it runs from
    >the hidden partition onto the disc. Then the message**The PC has been
    >restored back to factory default, remove cd and press any key" At the POST
    >it goes as far as PCI Device listing and then the verifying DMI message.
    >has anyone ever got this sorted.

    Yes, BIOS - Reset Configuration (ECSD) Data, worked 4 or 5 times in the
    past.

    Cables one time, for the floppy worked loose.

    Maybe disconnect extrad devices, not required to boot. Then see what
    happens.

    Me
    why?, Jul 20, 2006
  8. Barney

    Barney Guest

    > Then you should state that in your OP. We don't know where you've been or
    > what you've done. If you don't want to assist us, then why should we
    > assist
    > you?!
    >
    > May I suggest you Google? This is a very common issue.

    If you had read my post I stated very clearly **that I have tried
    everything I could find to cure it but nothing ha worked** which obviously
    means everywhere I looked.
    Anyway thanks to the posters who tried to help me. I eventually got
    everything up & running again with the factory defaults installed.
    Barney
    Barney, Jul 21, 2006