    Perhaps, Norton want us all to upgrade to NAV-2004.

    Cheers
    Tim Holbrook, cppWare Ltd "Improving your business"

    Tim Holbrook, Jan 8, 2004

  2. Tim Holbrook

    LK Guest

    On 1/8/04 2:19 PM, Tim Holbrook wrote:
    > Set the date, via the Control Panel, to 7th Jan 2003 or earlier.
    >
    > NAV-2003 and your PC should then work fine.
    >
    > I have the most recent NAV-2003 updates. Setting the date to 8th or
    > 9th of Jan causes my PC to crawl.
    >
    > Perhaps, Norton want us all to upgrade to NAV-2004.
    >
    > Cheers
    > Tim Holbrook, cppWare Ltd "Improving your business"

    Yeah, expect other apps to have date problems this week of Jan 10.
    http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1105-5129875.html

    LK, Jan 8, 2004

  3. Tim Holbrook

    °Mike° Guest

    That has to be one of the crankiest "fixes" I've seen
    for some time.

    On 8 Jan 2004 12:19:58 -0800, in
    <>
    Tim Holbrook scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jan 8, 2004
  4. Tim Holbrook

    °Mike° Guest

    On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 20:29:54 GMT, in
    <65jLb.7167$>
    LK scrawled:

    >On 1/8/04 2:19 PM, Tim Holbrook wrote:
    >> Set the date, via the Control Panel, to 7th Jan 2003 or earlier.
    >>
    >> NAV-2003 and your PC should then work fine.
    >>
    >> I have the most recent NAV-2003 updates. Setting the date to 8th or
    >> 9th of Jan causes my PC to crawl.
    >>
    >> Perhaps, Norton want us all to upgrade to NAV-2004.
    >>
    >> Cheers
    >> Tim Holbrook, cppWare Ltd "Improving your business"

    >Yeah, expect other apps to have date problems this week of Jan 10.
    >http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1105-5129875.html

    That's only for PTC software -- a mere 35,000 customers worldwide.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jan 8, 2004
  5. Tim Holbrook

    LK Guest

    On 1/8/04 2:37 PM, °Mike° wrote:

    > On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 20:29:54 GMT, in
    > <65jLb.7167$>
    > LK scrawled:
    >

    >>On 1/8/04 2:19 PM, Tim Holbrook wrote:
    >>
    >>>Set the date, via the Control Panel, to 7th Jan 2003 or earlier.
    >>>
    >>>NAV-2003 and your PC should then work fine.
    >>>
    >>>I have the most recent NAV-2003 updates. Setting the date to 8th or
    >>>9th of Jan causes my PC to crawl.
    >>>
    >>>Perhaps, Norton want us all to upgrade to NAV-2004.
    >>>
    >>>Cheers
    >>>Tim Holbrook, cppWare Ltd "Improving your business"

    >>Yeah, expect other apps to have date problems this week of Jan 10.
    >>http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1105-5129875.html

    > That's only for PTC software -- a mere 35,000 customers worldwide.

    True. But if software makers did not use the UNIX standard and made the
    same mistake as PTC then there will be problems. I think Norton is
    stupid enough to do this.

    LK, Jan 8, 2004
  6. Tim Holbrook

    °Mike° Guest

    On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 20:43:40 GMT, in
    <0ijLb.7170$>
    LK scrawled:

    >On 1/8/04 2:37 PM, °Mike° wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 20:29:54 GMT, in
    >> <65jLb.7167$>
    >> LK scrawled:

    >>>Yeah, expect other apps to have date problems this week of Jan 10.
    >>>http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1105-5129875.html

    >> That's only for PTC software -- a mere 35,000 customers worldwide.
    >>

    >True. But if software makers did not use the UNIX standard and made the
    >same mistake as PTC then there will be problems. I think Norton is
    >stupid enough to do this.

    That doesn't mean that "other apps" will "have date problems this week".

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jan 8, 2004
  7. Tim Holbrook

    Jaime Guest

    "Tim Holbrook" <> wrote in message
    > Set the date, via the Control Panel, to 7th Jan 2003 or earlier.
    >
    > NAV-2003 and your PC should then work fine.
    >
    > I have the most recent NAV-2003 updates. Setting the date to 8th or
    > 9th of Jan causes my PC to crawl.
    >
    > Perhaps, Norton want us all to upgrade to NAV-2004.

    Its due to an expiring virsign root cerificate as far as I can tell, also
    applies to the poster earier with word problems. Its brought my comp to a
    craw in a lot of apps. Check this slashdot article for more info:

    http://slashdot.org/articles/04/01/08/1849245.shtml?tid=126&tid=128&tid=172&tid=95

    Anyone have an better guides to fix, slashdot is general install Linux to
    fix which isnt helpful.

    Jaime

    Jaime, Jan 8, 2004
  8. Jaime wrote:
    > "Tim Holbrook" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Set the date, via the Control Panel, to 7th Jan 2003 or earlier.
    >>
    >>NAV-2003 and your PC should then work fine.
    >>
    >>I have the most recent NAV-2003 updates. Setting the date to 8th or
    >>9th of Jan causes my PC to crawl.
    >>
    >>Perhaps, Norton want us all to upgrade to NAV-2004.
    >>

    > Its due to an expiring virsign root cerificate as far as I can tell, also
    > applies to the poster earier with word problems. Its brought my comp to a
    > craw in a lot of apps. Check this slashdot article for more info:
    >
    > http://slashdot.org/articles/04/01/08/1849245.shtml?tid=126&tid=128&tid=172&tid=95
    >
    > Anyone have an better guides to fix, slashdot is general install Linux to
    > fix which isnt helpful.
    >
    > Jaime

    Disable the checking for site certificate validity, in Internet Explorer,
    per the following Symantec article:

    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/sharedtech.nsf/docid/2004010810205113

    Just FYI, merely disabling your network connection should also bring relief.

    -- DE

    Tergiversative, Jan 9, 2004