    that loud it is still enough to disturb listening , anyone know of ANYthing
    that could be put in place to eliminate this ??

    cheers

    leno bob, Nov 15, 2004

  2. "leno bob" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi there yo all . it seems that the fishtank that is not to far away from

    my
    > pc, makes this dreaded hum come out of the speakers. even though its not
    > that loud it is still enough to disturb listening , anyone know of

    ANYthing
    > that could be put in place to eliminate this ??
    >
    > cheers

    Well if it's on the same electrical circuit it's probably throwing the same
    hum into your PC...

    --
    <B0N3H3@D>

    «bonehead;\), Nov 15, 2004

  3. leno bob

    AG Guest

    "leno bob" <> wrote in message
    > Hi there yo all . it seems that the fishtank that is not to far away from
    > my
    > pc, makes this dreaded hum come out of the speakers. even though its not
    > that loud it is still enough to disturb listening , anyone know of
    > ANYthing
    > that could be put in place to eliminate this ??
    >
    > cheers

    You can try isolating the speakers by wrapping them with aluminum foil but
    that probably won't help. You can try plugging the speakers into a
    different circuit.

    AG

    AG, Nov 15, 2004
  4. leno bob

    ap Guest

    Here is what I can give you from my understanding of RFI from the ham radio
    community. Fish tanks and their heaters are notorious for causing problems.
    Some suggestions are to use ferrite devices on the power leads, this can
    help reduce the noise. The other option would be to replace the offending
    device in the fish tank.

    Try this website, they have a lot of help when it comes to RFI

    http://www.arrl.org or email your question to

    hope this can help.

    ap, Nov 16, 2004
  5. leno bob

    leno bob Guest

    hey all i did change outlets and thge hum was reduced greatly, how easy was
    that ! i didnt want to do it initially because i had to run an extension
    cord to the other socket but oh well i can go back to listening w/out that
    hum .thanks

    leno bob, Nov 16, 2004