    ACDeag Guest

    All calls to my cable line come up as Witheld however calls to VOIP
    lines are fine. Is there something I need to change in my Fritzbox ATA?

    ACDeag, Apr 14, 2007

  2. ACDeag

    Jono Guest

    ACDeag has brought this to us :
    > All calls to my cable line come up as Witheld however calls to VOIP lines are
    > fine. Is there something I need to change in my Fritzbox ATA?

    Which (legacy) cable network are you on?

    I assume CLID works fine on your phones without the Fritz!Box
    connected?

    The cable companies use many different standards across the country.

    Jono, Apr 14, 2007

  3. ACDeag

    ACDeag Guest

    Jono explained on 14/04/2007 :
    > ACDeag has brought this to us :
    >> All calls to my cable line come up as Witheld however calls to VOIP lines
    >> are fine. Is there something I need to change in my Fritzbox ATA?

    > Which (legacy) cable network are you on?
    >
    > I assume CLID works fine on your phones without the Fritz!Box connected?
    >
    > The cable companies use many different standards across the country.

    Telewest in Edinburgh. Yes they work fine. I have set the regional
    settings to United Kingdom, I wonder whether this means it is trying to
    use the BT CLID standard.

    ACDeag, Apr 14, 2007
  4. ACDeag

    Jono Guest

    ACDeag has brought this to us :
    > Jono explained on 14/04/2007 :
    >> ACDeag has brought this to us :
    >>> All calls to my cable line come up as Witheld however calls to VOIP lines
    >>> are fine. Is there something I need to change in my Fritzbox ATA?

    >> Which (legacy) cable network are you on?
    >>
    >> I assume CLID works fine on your phones without the Fritz!Box connected?
    >>
    >> The cable companies use many different standards across the country.

    > Telewest in Edinburgh. Yes they work fine. I have set the regional settings
    > to United Kingdom, I wonder whether this means it is trying to use the BT
    > CLID standard.

    I had no end of trouble getting CLID to work on various DECT sets on my
    mother's TW line.

    Luckily, though I managed to fix it using an SPA3000 - this catches the
    TW CLID info successfully, every time & passes it to the DECT sets. As
    TW couldn't fix the problem of no CLID on the phones, installing a VoIP
    adapter created the necessary "push" to get my mum onto VoIP. Result -
    TW only get line rental now.

    Enough of my issues - unless someone comes along with personal
    knowledge of the TW system in Edinburgh, the best I can suggest is that
    you try each CLID setting in the Fritz!Box & hope one of them works.

    It may be worth swapping the pins round too - change the polarity of
    the line - swap blue/white & blue cables round. This /shouldn't/ make
    any difference, however, I have seen it actually make a difference.

    Jono, Apr 14, 2007
  5. ACDeag

    BC Guest

    Jono wrote:

    > Enough of my issues - unless someone comes along with personal knowledge
    > of the TW system in Edinburgh, the best I can suggest is that you try
    > each CLID setting in the Fritz!Box & hope one of them works.

    Ex-TW franchises in Scotland use DMS switches. Caller ID type is
    Bellcore - similar to North America.

    BC, Apr 14, 2007
  6. "BC" <> wrote in message
    > Jono wrote:
    >

    >> Enough of my issues - unless someone comes along with personal knowledge
    >> of the TW system in Edinburgh, the best I can suggest is that you try
    >> each CLID setting in the Fritz!Box & hope one of them works.
    >>

    > Ex-TW franchises in Scotland use DMS switches. Caller ID type is
    > Bellcore - similar to North America.

    Virgin Media, as Telewest now is, are legally obliged to publish full
    technical details of their interface. The Telewest Technical Interface
    Specification (TIS) 4, published in 2002, deals with the Caller Display used
    on all their switches, this document contains sufficient information for a
    manufacturer to design a working caller display system. This document
    availability is an EU requirement. It used to be on the Telewest web site
    (around 2002/3) but disappeared when their web site was redesigned about
    that time.

    Try contacting: Head of Group Compliance at Virgin Media - who presumably
    took over the responsibilities of Telewest at their rebranding - but it may
    take some time and perseverance. The document exists - I had a paper copy
    once, but now lost!

    Peter

    Peter Andrews, Apr 14, 2007
  7. Recently, BC popped out over the fence
    around uk.telecom.voip and said...
    |Jono wrote:
    |

    |> Enough of my issues - unless someone comes along with personal knowledge
    |> of the TW system in Edinburgh, the best I can suggest is that you try
    |> each CLID setting in the Fritz!Box & hope one of them works.
    |>

    |Ex-TW franchises in Scotland use DMS switches. Caller ID type is
    |Bellcore - similar to North America.

    Change the regional settings to Germany, that worked for me. UK no use
    as it's set up for the BT CLID standard.
    --
    ßødincµs²°°° - The Y2K Druid

    ßødincµs²°°°, Apr 17, 2007