First shots with my new D70

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by G-Man, Oct 18, 2004.

  1. G-Man

    G-Man Guest

    G-Man, Oct 18, 2004

  2. G-Man

    SkyPilot Guest

    "G-Man" <> pounded on the keyboard and wrote:

    >Only had this camera for 3 days. Much to learn!
    >
    >First lesson, shoot in RAW mode!
    >
    >I love this camera!
    >

    >http://www.gwfweb.com/family/041016
    >

    >G-Man

    Great shots. Very sharp.

    Great camera.
    Brian J. Rueger | Hampton Div. of Fire & Rescue | "Who dares wins"
    Lt./Paramedic | Fire Communications Officer | Hampton, VA.
    B.S. Comm/I/SEL Pilot | MSgt, USAF (Ret.) 49199 | NREMT-P
    Check out my home page: http://members.cox.net/brueger
    Some of my photography: http://www.usefilm.com/photographer/34185.html
    "Life's too short to drink LITE beer!"

    SkyPilot, Oct 18, 2004

  3. G-Man

    AK Guest

    It is a great camera - the best I've ever had, and the flexibility is
    amazing as you learn to use all the modes and controls it offers. I
    normally shoot on "P" mode and find it does a great job. Spent Saturday
    shooting my daughter's rugby match, and after a few shots set it on the
    "sports" setting and let it do all the hard work for me! Wonderful results.

    Frankly, I'm not convinced there is much difference between the NEF/RAW mode
    and large, fine JPEG, which uses less memory and gives you more shots per
    storage card.

    Enjoy!

    Alan

    AK, Oct 18, 2004
  4. G-Man

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 19:38:07 -0400, in rec.photo.digital "G-Man"
    <> wrote:

    >Only had this camera for 3 days. Much to learn!
    >
    >First lesson, shoot in RAW mode!

    I've only had mine a few weeks. 2nd lesson, dump Auto-mode.
    It applies a whole bunch of post processing which is content specific, such
    as color, contrast and sharpness adjustments. Setting even P-mode will
    allow you to turn this off in the menus. Though post processing raw with
    out using the defaults stored with the image should undo this, why be
    bothered by this. Better to have the results be consistent from shot to
    shot, imo.
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Ed Ruf, Oct 18, 2004
  5. G-Man

    Jer Guest

    G-Man wrote:
    > Only had this camera for 3 days. Much to learn!
    >
    > First lesson, shoot in RAW mode!
    >
    > I love this camera!
    >

    > http://www.gwfweb.com/family/041016
    >

    > G-Man

    What's that dead pixel all about?

    (just kidding, just kidding, just kidding)

    Images look good!

    --
    jer email reply - I am not a 'ten'

    Jer, Oct 18, 2004
  6. G-Man

    Mick Brown Guest

    Oh that was just cruel!!

    LOL

    --
    Michael Brown
    Melbourne Australia

    Mick Brown, Oct 18, 2004
  7. G-Man

    tbm Guest

    >Only had this camera for 3 days. Much to >learn!

    >First lesson, shoot in RAW mode!

    >I love this camera!

    http://www.gwfweb.com/family/041016

    >G-Man

    but what i want to know is...are all these images downloaded off the card/camera and "not" retouched.ie tatrted up.cheating.come
    clean and tell the truth.rgds to all from "the buff"well done that G-MAN.

    ---

    tbm, Oct 18, 2004
  8. G-Man

    G-Man Guest

    If course they were processed! I've got a lot of learning to do here. So
    much more to learn than the E-10.

    G-Man

    G-Man, Oct 19, 2004
  9. G-Man

    G-Man Guest

    Damn that was mean...I didn't see the "Just Kidding" for a few seconds.

    Taking a deep breath now!

    G-Man

    G-Man, Oct 19, 2004
  10. G-Man

    Jer Guest

    G-Man wrote:
    > Damn that was mean...I didn't see the "Just Kidding" for a few seconds.
    >
    > Taking a deep breath now!
    >
    > G-Man

    Aw heck, I'm just teasing ya :) I've pulled the same tease on folks
    with new vehicles and no door nicks. Yet.

    Thanks for sharing G-dude.

    --
    jer email reply - I am not a 'ten'

    Jer, Oct 19, 2004