    =======
    fredman
    =======

    fredman, Jun 17, 2004

  2. fredman

    jayembee Guest

    fredman <> wrote:

    > Got Spartan on Tues. Surprised that there was no insert,
    > then saw the Warners logo on the case and realized - a
    > regular catalog title and IT WASN'T IN A SNAPPER!!! Could
    > Warner's have finally seen the light? Here's hoping they
    > also move to leaf-insert keepcases instead of those
    > infernal digipaks (the NEW snapper). Cheers. regards,

    You're behind the times. Warner has been using keepcases
    on some of their regular catalog titles for at least a
    month and a half, though they haven't been consistent about
    it.

    For example, the Marx Bros. releases were in keepcases, but
    that same week (May 4th street date), their three war film
    titles -- BACK TO BATAAN, BATTLEGROUND, and FLYING LEATHERNECKS
    -- were in snappers.

    The more recently released Cary Grant titles were also in
    keepcases, as were the two latter-day Tarzan releases (the
    1981 Bo Derek film and GREYSTOKE -- the 4-disc Weissmuller
    Tarzan set was in a digipack)

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Jun 17, 2004

  3. fredman <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Got Spartan on Tues. Surprised that there was no insert, then saw the
    > Warners logo on the case and realized - a regular catalog title and IT
    > WASN'T IN A SNAPPER!!! Could Warner's have finally seen the light?
    > Here's hoping they also move to leaf-insert keepcases instead of those
    > infernal digipaks (the NEW snapper). Cheers.
    > regards,
    >

    > =======
    > fredman
    > =======

    Not just yet. Warner's major release of the 1-disc Mystic River were
    in snappers for both the widescreen and fullscreen versions.

    Warner seems to be selectively picking which titles get keepcases.

    Lee

    limacharliewhiskey, Jun 17, 2004
  4. fredman

    Mike Kohary Guest

    limacharliewhiskey wrote:
    > fredman <> wrote in message
    >> Got Spartan on Tues. Surprised that there was no insert, then saw the
    >> Warners logo on the case and realized - a regular catalog title and
    >> IT WASN'T IN A SNAPPER!!! Could Warner's have finally seen the
    >> light? Here's hoping they also move to leaf-insert keepcases instead
    >> of those infernal digipaks (the NEW snapper). Cheers.
    >> regards,
    >>

    >> =======
    >> fredman
    >> =======

    > Not just yet. Warner's major release of the 1-disc Mystic River were
    > in snappers for both the widescreen and fullscreen versions.

    Nope - Mystic River was available in both cases at my local Best Buy,
    widescreen in a keep case or fullscreen in a snapper. I of course selected
    the widescreen keepcase version.

    Mike

    Mike Kohary, Jun 17, 2004