First Post in Group

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Blinky the Shark, May 10, 2005.

  1. Just for fun, I went looking for the earliest post GG has for this
    group.

    Not surprisingly, it was chain letter spam (from 1996). :)

    <q>

    Taking 5 minutes to read what follows can change your life :

    I saw an article in an internet newsgroup telling me I could

    make $50,000 within a month for an investment of only $5.

    I thought it was a huge joke. I spoke to my wife, attorney

    and friends about it, and they all agreed it was some kind

    of scam....

    </q>

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Blinky the Shark, May 10, 2005

  2. Blinky the Shark

    Rob K Guest

    On 10 May 2005 06:45:31 GMT, Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > Just for fun, I went looking for the earliest post GG has for this
    > group.

    None of my business I know, but how do you manage to keep that hat on ?
    ;)

    --
    My E-mail address in ROT-13
    vf ab ybatre gurer, abg rira ng ubgznvy.
    Rob K, May 10, 2005

  3. Rob K wrote:

    > On 10 May 2005 06:45:31 GMT, Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >> Just for fun, I went looking for the earliest post GG has for this
    >> group.

    > None of my business I know, but how do you manage to keep that hat on ?
    > ;)

    I can't. See?

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Blinky the Shark, May 10, 2005
  4. Blinky the Shark <> writes:

    >Just for fun, I went looking for the earliest post GG has for this
    >group.

    >Not surprisingly, it was chain letter spam (from 1996). :)

    ><q>

    >Taking 5 minutes to read what follows can change your life :

    > I saw an article in an internet newsgroup telling me I could
    > make $50,000 within a month for an investment of only $5.

    > I thought it was a huge joke. I spoke to my wife, attorney
    > and friends about it, and they all agreed it was some kind
    > of scam....

    ></q>

    >--
    >Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    >Killing all Usenet posts from Google Groups
    >Info: http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html

    WHat a difference nine years makes: back in '96, the standard spam promised
    $50K from $5. Now, in the Third Millennium, it's gone up $10K for an extra
    dollar. That's inflation for you. ;-)

    --
    Patrick "The Chief Instigator" Humphrey () Houston, Texas
    chiefinstigator.us.tt/aeros.php (soon to be TCI's 2005-06 Houston Aeros)
    The Chief Instigator, May 10, 2005