First photo of the year

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by mmyvusenet, Jan 1, 2012.

  1. mmyvusenet

    mmyvusenet Guest

    mmyvusenet, Jan 1, 2012

  2. mmyvusenet

    Irwell Guest

    On Sun, 1 Jan 2012 01:30:28 -0500, mmyvusenet wrote:

    > Hello:
    >
    > This my first photo of the year:
    >
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/6610770757/
    >
    > All is prosperity in the new year to all, without exception.

    Glad to know I am included.

    Very nice picture BTW.

    Irwell, Jan 1, 2012

  3. mmyvusenet

    mmyvusenet Guest

    "Irwell" escribió en el mensaje de
    noticias:...

    On Sun, 1 Jan 2012 01:30:28 -0500, mmyvusenet wrote:

    >> Hello:
    >>
    >> This my first photo of the year:
    >>
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/6610770757/
    >>
    >> All is prosperity in the new year to all, without exception.

    > Glad to know I am included.
    >
    > Very nice picture BTW.

    Hello, thanks for your comment, and this is the first photo in the Historic
    Center of Lima:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/6662451149/

    The year 2012 has started interesting.

    MMYV

    mmyvusenet, Jan 9, 2012
  4. mmyvusenet

    Irwell Guest

    Hitting the hot button (was: First photo of the year)

    On Sun, 8 Jan 2012 19:29:46 -0500, mmyvusenet wrote:

    > "Irwell" escribió en el mensaje de
    > noticias:...
    >
    > On Sun, 1 Jan 2012 01:30:28 -0500, mmyvusenet wrote:
    >
    >>> Hello:
    >>>
    >>> This my first photo of the year:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/6610770757/
    >>>
    >>> All is prosperity in the new year to all, without exception.

    >> Glad to know I am included.
    >>
    >> Very nice picture BTW.

    > Hello, thanks for your comment, and this is the first photo in the Historic
    > Center of Lima:
    >
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/6662451149/
    >
    > The year 2012 has started interesting.
    >
    > MMYV

    Good 'un.

    Irwell, Jan 9, 2012
  5. mmyvusenet

    tony cooper Guest

    <> wrote:

    >"Irwell" escribió en el mensaje de
    >noticias:...
    >
    >On Sun, 1 Jan 2012 01:30:28 -0500, mmyvusenet wrote:
    >
    >>> Hello:
    >>>
    >>> This my first photo of the year:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/6610770757/
    >>>
    >>> All is prosperity in the new year to all, without exception.

    >> Glad to know I am included.
    >>
    >> Very nice picture BTW.

    >Hello, thanks for your comment, and this is the first photo in the Historic
    >Center of Lima:
    >
    >http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/6662451149/
    >
    >The year 2012 has started interesting.
    >
    >MMYV

    Are you ever going to learn to multiple post to the two newsgroups
    instead of posting separate messages to each group? In the newsgroups
    line, write rec.photo.digital, alt.photography. Replies will be then
    be shown in both groups.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Jan 9, 2012
  6. mmyvusenet

    mmyvusenet Guest

    noticias:...

    <> wrote:

    >>"Irwell" escribió en el mensaje de
    >>noticias:...

    >>> Glad to know I am included.
    >>>
    >>> Very nice picture BTW.

    >>Hello, thanks for your comment, and this is the first photo in the
    >>Historic
    >>Center of Lima:
    >>
    >>http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/6662451149/
    >>
    >>The year 2012 has started interesting.
    >>
    >>MMYV

    >Are you ever going to learn to multiple post to the two newsgroups
    >instead of posting separate messages to each group? In the newsgroups
    >line, write rec.photo.digital, alt.photography. Replies will be then
    >be shown in both groups.
    >

    >--
    >Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    Ok, but even that has been in response to another message?

    MMYV

    mmyvusenet, Jan 9, 2012
  7. mmyvusenet

    tony cooper Guest

    On Sun, 8 Jan 2012 21:35:24 -0500, "mmyvusenet"
    <> wrote:

    >"tony cooper" escribió en el mensaje de
    >noticias:...
    >
    >On Sun, 8 Jan 2012 19:29:46 -0500, "mmyvusenet"
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>>"Irwell" escribió en el mensaje de
    >>>noticias:...

    >>>Hello, thanks for your comment, and this is the first photo in the
    >>>Historic
    >>>Center of Lima:
    >>>
    >>>http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/6662451149/
    >>>
    >>>The year 2012 has started interesting.
    >>>
    >>>MMYV

    >>Are you ever going to learn to multiple post to the two newsgroups
    >>instead of posting separate messages to each group? In the newsgroups
    >>line, write rec.photo.digital, alt.photography. Replies will be then
    >>be shown in both groups.
    >>

    >>--
    >>Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    >Ok, but even that has been in response to another message?

    You have replies in rec.photo.digital that cannot be seen in
    alt.photography. You have replies in alt.photography that cannot be
    seen in rec.photo.digital. There's no continuity of replies.

    This can be solved with a multiple posting to both groups.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Jan 9, 2012
  8. mmyvusenet

    tony cooper Guest

    On Mon, 09 Jan 2012 15:08:29 -0600, George Kerby
    <> wrote:

    >On 1/8/12 10:46 PM, in article ,
    >"tony cooper" <> wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 8 Jan 2012 21:35:24 -0500, "mmyvusenet"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> "tony cooper" escribió en el mensaje de
    >>> noticias:...

    >>> Ok, but even that has been in response to another message?
    >>>

    >> You have replies in rec.photo.digital that cannot be seen in
    >> alt.photography. You have replies in alt.photography that cannot be
    >> seen in rec.photo.digital. There's no continuity of replies.
    >>
    >> This can be solved with a multiple posting to both groups.
    >>

    >I thought people call that "cross-posting".
    >
    >Isn't that contrary to "net-etiquette "?!?

    Depends on what you object to etiquette-wise. Cross-posting, or
    posting to multiple groups, is OK with me if the groups involved are
    similar in nature as these two groups are. What is objectionable to
    me is cross-posting to non-related groups.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Jan 9, 2012
  9. mmyvusenet

    Irwell Guest

    On Mon, 09 Jan 2012 16:31:26 -0500, tony cooper wrote:

    > On Mon, 09 Jan 2012 15:08:29 -0600, George Kerby
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>On 1/8/12 10:46 PM, in article ,
    >>"tony cooper" <> wrote:

    >>> You have replies in rec.photo.digital that cannot be seen in
    >>> alt.photography. You have replies in alt.photography that cannot be
    >>> seen in rec.photo.digital. There's no continuity of replies.
    >>>
    >>> This can be solved with a multiple posting to both groups.
    >>>

    >>I thought people call that "cross-posting".
    >>
    >>Isn't that contrary to "net-etiquette "?!?

    > Depends on what you object to etiquette-wise. Cross-posting, or
    > posting to multiple groups, is OK with me if the groups involved are
    > similar in nature as these two groups are. What is objectionable to
    > me is cross-posting to non-related groups.

    Take a look at his latest photo, it's a doozie.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/6662451149/

    Irwell, Jan 10, 2012