  1. Has anyone dealt with First In and got service.
    Thanks
    Kev
    Kevin Cosgrove, Jul 31, 2006

  2. Kevin Cosgrove

    Vista Guest

    "Kevin Cosgrove" <> wrote in message
    news:44cd4f28$...
    > Has anyone dealt with First In and got service.
    > Thanks
    > Kev

    They were on Fair go a few months ago due to poor service. Steer well
    clear.
    Vista, Jul 31, 2006

  3. Kevin Cosgrove

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 12:29:23 +1200, Kevin Cosgrove
    <> exclaimed:

    >Has anyone dealt with First In and got service.
    >Thanks
    >Kev

    Yet another outfit that fits into the golden rule:

    Quality, Service, Good Price. Pick any 2.

    Or, these days, pick one if you're lucky.
    Fred Dagg, Jul 31, 2006
  4. Kevin Cosgrove

    thingy Guest

    Fred Dagg wrote:
    > On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 12:29:23 +1200, Kevin Cosgrove
    > <> exclaimed:
    >

    >>Has anyone dealt with First In and got service.
    >>Thanks
    >>Kev

    > Yet another outfit that fits into the golden rule:
    >
    > Quality, Service, Good Price. Pick any 2.
    >
    > Or, these days, pick one if you're lucky.

    ummm, I deal with a few mail order companies, while Idont deal with the
    rock bottom brigade thereis not much in the price...

    Lots of people seem to be complaining about firstin, and one deal I had
    with them did not live up to what was expected, so I dont buy off them
    any more.

    regards

    Thing
    thingy, Jul 31, 2006
  5. Kevin Cosgrove

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 16:42:56 +1200, thingy <>
    exclaimed:

    >>>Has anyone dealt with First In and got service.
    >>>Thanks
    >>>Kev

    >> Yet another outfit that fits into the golden rule:
    >>
    >> Quality, Service, Good Price. Pick any 2.
    >>
    >> Or, these days, pick one if you're lucky.

    >ummm, I deal with a few mail order companies, while Idont deal with the
    >rock bottom brigade thereis not much in the price...
    >
    >Lots of people seem to be complaining about firstin, and one deal I had
    >with them did not live up to what was expected, so I dont buy off them
    >any more.

    Yep, heard the same thing. That seems to be the way Colin Brown
    operates, though.

    Another thing I think is dirty is the way he knocks his competitors
    right on his business site's blog. eg:

    http://www.firstin.co.nz/blog

    A big dig at Dell. It'd be one thing if it was on his personal blog,
    not associated with his business, but putting it there is despicable.
    It is totally unprofessional for a business to publically knock it's
    competitors.

    And one could mention The PC Company, or any other of Brown's failed
    ventures if they wanted to see how "amongst their problems, apparently
    customer service issue has particularly hurt" them...

    (Note I don't disagree with what he's saying - I'm noting how
    unprofessional it is for him to say it on his company blog)
    Fred Dagg, Jul 31, 2006
  6. Kevin Cosgrove

    thingy Guest

    Fred Dagg wrote:
    > On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 16:42:56 +1200, thingy <>
    > exclaimed:

    >>>Yet another outfit that fits into the golden rule:
    >>>
    >>>Quality, Service, Good Price. Pick any 2.
    >>>
    >>>Or, these days, pick one if you're lucky.

    >>ummm, I deal with a few mail order companies, while Idont deal with the
    >>rock bottom brigade thereis not much in the price...
    >>
    >>Lots of people seem to be complaining about firstin, and one deal I had
    >>with them did not live up to what was expected, so I dont buy off them
    >>any more.
    >>

    > Yep, heard the same thing. That seems to be the way Colin Brown
    > operates, though.
    >
    > Another thing I think is dirty is the way he knocks his competitors
    > right on his business site's blog. eg:
    >
    > http://www.firstin.co.nz/blog
    >
    > A big dig at Dell. It'd be one thing if it was on his personal blog,
    > not associated with his business, but putting it there is despicable.
    > It is totally unprofessional for a business to publically knock it's
    > competitors.
    >
    > And one could mention The PC Company, or any other of Brown's failed
    > ventures if they wanted to see how "amongst their problems, apparently
    > customer service issue has particularly hurt" them...
    >
    > (Note I don't disagree with what he's saying - I'm noting how
    > unprofessional it is for him to say it on his company blog)

    Our Auckland branch forced us to buy a PC Company PC for autocad...

    It was more expensive than Quay and a smaller monitor....anyway it came
    with service pack3 (NT4) I upgraded it on advice of the service dept to
    sp4 as every time I connected it to the network it took the LAN
    down....when I did it it trashed the machine and the service people
    laughed down the phone at me...it was shipped back to Auckland to get
    rebuilt at our expense, even though we were in critical need for itfor a
    contract....2 weeks later...when it came back it rattled, basically it
    had been trashed by the courier on the way back.....and parts were lose
    inside. Took months togetour money back. They also shipped a monitor
    from Philips with inbuilt speakers, which effected thescreen, real bad
    forAutocad work....they refused to replace it, later we found outPhilips
    had a bad batch....

    We are Dell's second biggest contract in NZ I believe, we just renewed
    for 3 ~ 5 years because they were the best of the bunch....

    regards

    Thing
    thingy, Jul 31, 2006
  7. Kevin Cosgrove

    Vista Guest

    "thingy" <> wrote in message
    > Fred Dagg wrote:
    >> On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 16:42:56 +1200, thingy <>
    >> exclaimed:

    >>>ummm, I deal with a few mail order companies, while Idont deal with the
    >>>rock bottom brigade thereis not much in the price...
    >>>
    >>>Lots of people seem to be complaining about firstin, and one deal I had
    >>>with them did not live up to what was expected, so I dont buy off them
    >>>any more.
    >>>

    >> Yep, heard the same thing. That seems to be the way Colin Brown
    >> operates, though.
    >>
    >> Another thing I think is dirty is the way he knocks his competitors
    >> right on his business site's blog. eg:
    >>
    >> http://www.firstin.co.nz/blog
    >>
    >> A big dig at Dell. It'd be one thing if it was on his personal blog,
    >> not associated with his business, but putting it there is despicable.
    >> It is totally unprofessional for a business to publically knock it's
    >> competitors.
    >>
    >> And one could mention The PC Company, or any other of Brown's failed
    >> ventures if they wanted to see how "amongst their problems, apparently
    >> customer service issue has particularly hurt" them...
    >>
    >> (Note I don't disagree with what he's saying - I'm noting how
    >> unprofessional it is for him to say it on his company blog)

    > Our Auckland branch forced us to buy a PC Company PC for autocad...
    >
    > It was more expensive than Quay and a smaller monitor....anyway it came
    > with service pack3 (NT4) I upgraded it on advice of the service dept to
    > sp4 as every time I connected it to the network it took the LAN
    > down....when I did it it trashed the machine and the service people
    > laughed down the phone at me...it was shipped back to Auckland to get
    > rebuilt at our expense, even though we were in critical need for itfor a
    > contract....2 weeks later...when it came back it rattled, basically it had
    > been trashed by the courier on the way back.....and parts were lose
    > inside. Took months togetour money back. They also shipped a monitor from
    > Philips with inbuilt speakers, which effected thescreen, real bad
    > forAutocad work....they refused to replace it, later we found outPhilips
    > had a bad batch....
    >
    > We are Dell's second biggest contract in NZ I believe, we just renewed for
    > 3 ~ 5 years because they were the best of the bunch....
    >
    > regards
    >
    > Thing

    Philips must have a lot of bad batches. I have had problems with CRT, and my
    4 year old LCD is delaminating.
    That firstin blog is pretty cocky. A company that appears on Fair Go should
    critisise other companies. They should improve their service.
    Vista, Aug 1, 2006
  8. T'was the Mon, 31 Jul 2006 17:41:20 +1200 when I remembered Fred Dagg
    <> saying something like this:

    >A big dig at Dell. It'd be one thing if it was on his personal blog,
    >not associated with his business, but putting it there is despicable.
    >It is totally unprofessional for a business to publically knock it's
    >competitors.

    From my experience of getting a laptop with Dell so far, they've been
    absolutely awesome. Totally pleased with the experience from start to
    finish.
    --
    Cheers,

    Waylon Kenning.
    Waylon Kenning, Aug 1, 2006
  9. Kevin Cosgrove

    Pleb Plebian Guest

    > Has anyone dealt with First In and got service.
    > Thanks
    > Kev

    I used to be a fairly regular buyer. After some abysmal customer service
    (repeatedly broken promises re delivery times, then replacement issues with
    more than one item) and goods not living up to the specs supplied (my hard
    disc recorder doesn't have a scart socket- in spite of being assured the
    version I had pre-paid for did...) -I'll never purchase from them again.

    Should you choose to do so, I'd recomend only getting 'throwaway' stuff-ie
    cheap enough that if it doesn't work, you won't get burnt too badly.
    HTH
    -Pleb [Darl]
    Pleb Plebian, Aug 1, 2006
  10. Kevin Cosgrove

    Vista Guest

    "Waylon Kenning" <> wrote in message
    > T'was the Mon, 31 Jul 2006 17:41:20 +1200 when I remembered Fred Dagg
    > <> saying something like this:
    >
    >>A big dig at Dell. It'd be one thing if it was on his personal blog,
    >>not associated with his business, but putting it there is despicable.
    >>It is totally unprofessional for a business to publically knock it's
    >>competitors.

    > From my experience of getting a laptop with Dell so far, they've been
    > absolutely awesome. Totally pleased with the experience from start to
    > finish.
    > --
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Waylon Kenning.

    I got a dell inspiron 8600 a few years ago. Has been ok, but has a few
    quirks. One of them is that the laptop buzzes when I use the touchpad. The
    problems are mentioned by other people who have purchased this laptop, but
    dell say that they have never heard of the issues before, even though people
    have mentioned them in their forums. I wouldn't purchase another dell laptop
    (even though I haven't been disappointed with it), other brands look far
    better these days. The reason I purchased dell was that I could customise
    the laptop online which you can't do if you buy from a store.
    Vista, Aug 2, 2006