    come up with anything, and another virus scan came up clean. According to
    Norton this is a really old worm. Do I need to look in ViaVoice to see if
    anything exists there?
    R. Anvil, Oct 26, 2004

  2. 1) Download the following two items...

    Trend Sysclean Package

    Latest Trend signature files.

    Create a directory.
    On drive "C:\"
    (e.g., "c:\New Folder")
    or the desktop

    Download SYSCLEAN.COM and place it in that directory.
    Dowload the signature files (pattern files) by obtaining the ZIP file.
    For example; lpt218.zip

    SYSCLEAN.COM.

    2) If you are using WinME or WinXP, disable System Restore
    3) Reboot your PC into Safe Mode
    4) Using the Trend Sysclean utility, perform a Full Scan of your platform and
    clean/delete any infectors found
    5) Restart your PC and perform a "final" Full Scan of your platform
    6) If you are using WinME or WinXP, Re-enable System Restore and re-apply any
    System Restore preferences, (e.g. HD space to use suggested 400 ~ 600MB),
    7) Reboot your PC.
    8) If you are using WinME or WinXP, create a new Restore point

    You can also try some of the below online scanners.

    Trend:
    http://housecall.antivirus.com
    http://housecall.trendmicro.com

    F-Secure:
    http://support.f-secure.com/enu/home/ols.shtml

    McAfee:
    http://www.mcafee.com/myapps/mfs/default.asp

    Panda:

    Kaspersky:
    http://www.kaspersky.com/de/scanforvirus

    Symantec:
    http://security.symantec.com/

    BitDefender
    http://www.bitdefender.com/scan/license.php

    Freedom Online scanner
    http://www.freedom.net/viruscenter/index.html

    * * * Please report your results ! * * *

    Dave

    David H. Lipman, Oct 26, 2004