First error on installation

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?Ry5CZWNr?=, May 12, 2005.

  1. I tried this: booting from the XP 64bit CD and see if I could just format my
    HD and do clean install. But I couldn't because the installation program
    says it COULDN'T FIND A HARD DRIVE INSTALLED!!!
    Please, if anyone had this same problem or knows why this might be
    happening....let me know.

    Thanks
     
    =?Utf-8?B?Ry5CZWNr?=, May 12, 2005
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Ensure that you are using x64 drivers for the SATA drive.
    http://www.planetamd64.com for the latest drivers
    http://bugmenot.com to by-pass registration.
    --

    Andre
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
    FAQ for MS AntiSpy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm

    "G.Beck" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I tried this: booting from the XP 64bit CD and see if I could just format
    >my
    > HD and do clean install. But I couldn't because the installation program
    > says it COULDN'T FIND A HARD DRIVE INSTALLED!!!
    > Please, if anyone had this same problem or knows why this might be
    > happening....let me know.
    >
    > Thanks
     
    Andre Da Costa, May 12, 2005
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Andre Da Costa wrote:
    > Ensure that you are using x64 drivers for the SATA drive.
    > http://www.planetamd64.com for the latest drivers
    > http://bugmenot.com to by-pass registration.
    >


    Andre,

    As far as I like your answers in general, I don't understand why you
    recommand people you send to planetamd64.com to use bugmenot.
    I think those guys are doing they best to get all the drivers, softs,
    infos....needed by us to get x64 to work. So, why not just registrer, like I
    did, and give the authors of the site some recognition ?
    Just my 2 cents

    Cheers

    --
    Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
    Johannesburg - South Africa
    http://msmvps.com/xpditif
     
    Christian Hougardy \(MS MVP XP\), May 12, 2005
    #3
  4. some of us don't particularly like registration required sites. I think
    registration to participate in a community forum is correct and appropriate.
    But I fail to see what value it adds to a download.

    --
    Charlie.

    Christian Hougardy (MS MVP XP) wrote:
    > Andre Da Costa wrote:
    >> Ensure that you are using x64 drivers for the SATA drive.
    >> http://www.planetamd64.com for the latest drivers
    >> http://bugmenot.com to by-pass registration.
    >>

    >
    > Andre,
    >
    > As far as I like your answers in general, I don't understand why you
    > recommand people you send to planetamd64.com to use bugmenot.
    > I think those guys are doing they best to get all the drivers, softs,
    > infos....needed by us to get x64 to work. So, why not just registrer,
    > like I did, and give the authors of the site some recognition ?
    > Just my 2 cents
    >
    > Cheers
     
    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 12, 2005
    #4
  5. You need to understand which controller your hard drive is attached to, and
    if it's SATA or IDE. Then, download the drivers for your controller, and put
    them on a floppy. When you first start the installation, press F6 to add
    additional drivers. Insert the floppy and follow the prompts.

    --
    Charlie.

    G.Beck wrote:
    > I tried this: booting from the XP 64bit CD and see if I could just
    > format my HD and do clean install. But I couldn't because the
    > installation program says it COULDN'T FIND A HARD DRIVE INSTALLED!!!
    > Please, if anyone had this same problem or knows why this might be
    > happening....let me know.
    >
    > Thanks
     
    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 12, 2005
    #5
  6. "Charlie Russel - MVP" <> wrote in
    message news:
    > some of us don't particularly like registration required sites. I
    > think registration to participate in a community forum is correct and
    > appropriate. But I fail to see what value it adds to a download.
    >

    Hi Charlie,

    You're right but I see it as being part of that community. To access the
    forum, the registration is requested.
    Maybe can we ask to scrap the registration for the "download" part of the
    website as we are spreading the url all over this ng :)
    I can't see the webmaster refusing.... :)

    cheers



    --
    Christian Hougardy [MS MVP XP]
    Johannesburg - South Africa
    http://msmvps.com/xpditif
     
    Christian Hougardy [MVP], May 12, 2005
    #6
  7. Yes, I would support and agree with that. I'm certainly in favour of what
    they're doing, and I haven't hesitated to send folks there. They've been a
    life saver all through the beta and the early release days, pulling together
    drivers and other goodies into one easy to find location.

    --
    Charlie.

    Christian Hougardy [MVP] wrote:
    > "Charlie Russel - MVP" <> wrote in
    > message news:
    >> some of us don't particularly like registration required sites. I
    >> think registration to participate in a community forum is correct and
    >> appropriate. But I fail to see what value it adds to a download.
    >>

    > Hi Charlie,
    >
    > You're right but I see it as being part of that community. To access the
    > forum, the registration is requested.
    > Maybe can we ask to scrap the registration for the "download" part of
    > the website as we are spreading the url all over this ng :)
    > I can't see the webmaster refusing.... :)
    >
    > cheers
     
    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 12, 2005
    #7
  8. Thanks, I found the right drivers on "viaarena".

    GB



    "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:

    > You need to understand which controller your hard drive is attached to, and
    > if it's SATA or IDE. Then, download the drivers for your controller, and put
    > them on a floppy. When you first start the installation, press F6 to add
    > additional drivers. Insert the floppy and follow the prompts.
    >
    > --
    > Charlie.
    >
    > G.Beck wrote:
    > > I tried this: booting from the XP 64bit CD and see if I could just
    > > format my HD and do clean install. But I couldn't because the
    > > installation program says it COULDN'T FIND A HARD DRIVE INSTALLED!!!
    > > Please, if anyone had this same problem or knows why this might be
    > > happening....let me know.
    > >
    > > Thanks

    >
    >
    >
     
    =?Utf-8?B?Ry5CZWNr?=, May 13, 2005
    #8
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Jeff
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    4,462
    ┬░Mike┬░
    Dec 30, 2003
  2. Guest
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    551
    Guest
    Jul 11, 2006
  3. Dave
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    874
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Ry5CZWNr?=

    Installation....and first error message!

    =?Utf-8?B?Ry5CZWNr?=, May 12, 2005, in forum: Windows 64bit
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    709
    Joseph Conway [MSFT]
    May 12, 2005
  5. Steve Winograd

    My First Vista x64 Installation

    Steve Winograd, Jan 1, 2008, in forum: Windows 64bit
    Replies:
    18
    Views:
    1,140
    Carlos
    Jan 7, 2008
Loading...

Share This Page