first camera for 300$

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Niall Smyth, Aug 5, 2003.

  1. Niall Smyth

    Niall Smyth Guest

    Hi all

    Am getting my first camera and
    will only have about 300euro to play with

    The only cameras i have used are canons in work
    (G2, s20, s10, a30)

    I love the G2 but its way out of my range

    Anyway.. heres what I want

    Macro, a decent digital zoom, nightscene, redeye,
    slow shutter, rechargeable

    Is this possible for the cash?

    Who makes good cameras in the lower prices?
    I dont want to pay for the name only!

    Regards

    --
    niall

    ---

    Niall Smyth, Aug 5, 2003

  2. Niall Smyth

    Niall Smyth Guest

    Hi polytone

    the g2 is about 940euro in ireland
    thats $1067

    Are we talking bout the same camera?
    Or are we getting ripped off?

    Cheers

    Niall

    "Polytone" <> wrote in message
    > Spend the extra $100 on the G2. Then you will have an external flash mount
    > so you get no red eyes.
    >

    > "Niall Smyth" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi all
    > >
    > > Am getting my first camera and
    > > will only have about 300euro to play with
    > >
    > > The only cameras i have used are canons in work
    > > (G2, s20, s10, a30)
    > >
    > > I love the G2 but its way out of my range
    > >
    > > Anyway.. heres what I want
    > >
    > > Macro, a decent digital zoom, nightscene, redeye,
    > > slow shutter, rechargeable
    > >
    > > Is this possible for the cash?
    > >
    > > Who makes good cameras in the lower prices?
    > > I dont want to pay for the name only!
    > >
    > > Regards
    > >

    > > --
    > > niall
    > >

    > > ---

    ---

    Niall Smyth, Aug 5, 2003

  3. > Am getting my first camera and
    > will only have about 300euro to play with
    >
    > The only cameras i have used are canons in work
    > (G2, s20, s10, a30)
    >
    > I love the G2 but its way out of my range

    Wait a few more months and it won't be.

    Jon Wordsworth, Aug 5, 2003
  4. Polytone wrote:

    > Spend the extra $100 on the G2. Then you will have an external flash mount
    > so you get no red eyes.

    If it is just $100 someone is worried about, just get $25 less groceries every
    week or something and then you have the $100. Or wait a few weeks or months
    and the camera will drop $100.

    Jon Wordsworth, Aug 5, 2003