    <http://homepage.mac.com/sjs/PhotoAlbum17.html>

    I'm really liking the Digital Rebel. Lots of fun!

    -Steve
    sjs031, Oct 19, 2003

  2. sjs031 <> writes:

    > <http://homepage.mac.com/sjs/PhotoAlbum17.html>

    The night shot of soho really knocks my socks off. Details on the exposure,
    please?

    Phil Stripling, Oct 19, 2003

  3. sjs031

    HRosita Guest

    > Phil Stripling wrote:

    >The night shot of soho really knocks my socks off. Details on the exposure,
    >please?

    I agree, absolutely stunning.
    Rosita
    HRosita, Oct 19, 2003
  4. sjs031

    sjs031 Guest

    In article <>, HRosita
    <> wrote:

    > > Phil Stripling wrote:

    > >The night shot of soho really knocks my socks off. Details on the exposure,
    > >please?

    > I agree, absolutely stunning.
    > Rosita

    Yeah, that one turned out pretty good!

    I had tried about a dozen hand-held shots just pointing out the left
    window of the hotel room (SoHo grand, 12th floor) looking north, but
    they were all crap because of camera shake. The right window in my room
    had no limiter on how far you could open it (which is probably
    illegal!) but I had no tripod, so I turned over the room trash can on
    the window sill, put a folded face towel under the front edge to prop
    the angle up a bit, and set the camera down right on the bottom of the
    can. Exposure was 4 seconds @ f3.5 with the "kit lens" all the way out
    at 18mm.

    here's a full-size (BIG!) version of the same pic:

    <http://homepage.mac.com/sjs/SoHo_Full.jpg>

    Thanks for the comments!

    -Steve
    sjs031, Oct 19, 2003
  5. sjs031

    blech Guest

    sjs031 <> wrote in message news:<191020031146195405%>...
    > Hey folks.
    >
    > Feel free to check out my first dozen or so "keepers" Most are of the
    > cat, and some are from my recent trip to NYC. all the NYC shots were
    > taken with the kit lens (18-55 EF-S) the cat was shot with my new
    > 70-200 f4L.
    >
    > <http://homepage.mac.com/sjs/PhotoAlbum17.html>
    >
    > I'm really liking the Digital Rebel. Lots of fun!

    I'm no expert so I won't critisize or offer advice. That being said,
    I really like the SoHo night shot. Looks great.
    blech, Oct 20, 2003
  6. sjs031

    Guest

    sjs031 <> wrote:
    > Hey folks.

    > Feel free to check out my first dozen or so "keepers" Most are of the
    > cat, and some are from my recent trip to NYC. all the NYC shots were
    > taken with the kit lens (18-55 EF-S) the cat was shot with my new
    > 70-200 f4L.

    > <http://homepage.mac.com/sjs/PhotoAlbum17.html>

    > I'm really liking the Digital Rebel. Lots of fun!

    Same here. I am thrilled with my Digital Rebel. Your photos are great. I
    bought my Digital Rebel on Friday. On Saturday, I used it to shoot 150
    photos. A few of the photos I shot yesterday with my Digital Rebel are on
    my web server at picard.ocis.temple.edu/~stan/Oct_18_2003/Oct_18_2003.html
    for anyone who cares to look. These photos are all as is, other than being
    adjusted by iPhoto as a result of exporting them for web purposes.
    , Oct 20, 2003
  7. sjs031 <> writes:

    > can. Exposure was 4 seconds @ f3.5 with the "kit lens" all the way out
    > at 18mm.

    What was the ISO. I'm really impressed by the lack of noise.
    Phil Stripling, Oct 20, 2003
  8. sjs031

    HavingFun Guest

    ISO 100. It's in the file's EXIF info.

    That shot's incredible, Steve. Heck, they all look pretty darn good.

    RP Review says there's almost no noise in a 30sec ISO 100 exposure. It
    also shows than the Rebel has less noise at ISO 800 than the G5 has at
    ISO 200!

    -- HavingFun

    HavingFun, Oct 20, 2003
  9. sjs031

    sjs031 Guest

    In article <>, Phil Stripling
    <> wrote:

    > sjs031 <> writes:
    >
    > > can. Exposure was 4 seconds @ f3.5 with the "kit lens" all the way out
    > > at 18mm.

    > What was the ISO. I'm really impressed by the lack of noise.

    100. I don't think I set it higher all week in NYC.

    -Steve
    sjs031, Oct 20, 2003