    Just ask if you want me to post any larger versions of these pictures.

    Andrew

    Victoria, Australia
    Andrew, Oct 20, 2003

  2. Andrew

    This Old Man Guest

    URL no work

    "Andrew" <> wrote in message
    news:z3Ikb.158081$...
    > This is my first Digital Camera, and I can't believe I haven't got one
    > sooner !
    >
    > In the past 2 weeks I have learnt so much with a D-SLR, I doubt I would

    have

    This Old Man, Oct 20, 2003

  3. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    http://www.users.bigpond.com/andrewc/

    This is it copied straight of the browser, it works for me! If other people
    have a similar problem let me know.

    Andrew

    Andrew, Oct 20, 2003
  4. Andrew

    Bob Guest

    Impressive! Did you use the lens that comes with the kit?

    Bob

    Bob, Oct 20, 2003
  5. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    Yes Bob

    That's the 18-55 mm, anything in particular you like Bob? IU want to
    concentrate on what people like to see.

    Andrew

    Andrew, Oct 20, 2003
  6. Andrew

    Bob Guest

    Andrew,

    It's hard for me to articulate what I like about the pictures since I'm not
    a photography pro (and I don't play one on tv).

    Besides the interesting compositions, the overall color seems very natural
    (not over saturated, as in the "Yellow" pic), although I know that some of
    the pics have been altered. The almost-sepia look of "Thinking" caught my
    eye. The liquid shots, I found, are especially interesting. "Dizzy Sky"
    shows the good the noise-reduction function of the 300D.

    I think it's time for me to get one of these gems. I've got several old
    Canon-compatible lenses (for an old Elan), so why wait (I ask myself)?

    Bob

    Bob, Oct 20, 2003
  7. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    Thanks for the comments ! I am wondering what you do play on TV :)

    I agree why wait especially If you have compatible Lenses. I have been
    waiting for 10 Years to get a GOOD digital camera, I think this is it. I am
    in the Computer industry and had to by one else were and not at wholesale
    (that killed me) but I ended up getting one from:

    http://www.centre.net.au/Sandisk_256MB_Compact_Flash_Card_0007TY.html in OZ

    It doesn't look link your in Australia so that info probably wont help you,
    never the less anyone else who is watching that's $300 off RRP but it
    appears to come from Canada and is Budged a Rebel not a EOS 300D.

    Good luck, and thanks Bob

    Andrew

    Geelong Australia.

    Andrew, Oct 20, 2003
  8. Andrew

    Jim Townsend Guest

    Andrew wrote:

    > http://www.users.bigpond.com/andrewc/
    >
    > This is it copied straight of the browser, it works for me! If other people
    > have a similar problem let me know.
    >
    > Andrew

    All I get is:

    "The connection was refused when attempting to contact www.bigpond.user.com"
    Jim Townsend, Oct 20, 2003
  9. In article <z3Ikb.158081$>,
    says...
    > This is my first Digital Camera, and I can't believe I haven't got one
    > sooner !

    Nice pics.
    What lens did you use?

    Cheers
    Gerhard

    --

    Looking for a dream holiday?
    http://www.palmcove.net/
    Gerhard Beulke, Oct 20, 2003
  10. Andrew

    HRosita Guest

    Hi,

    the link works for me.
    I was wondering if you used a tripod or if all your pictures are hand held.
    Some of them look a little soft. However I am impressed by the range of the
    camera in low light and I also like your cat.
    Rosita
    HRosita, Oct 20, 2003
  11. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    Thanks Rosita

    Some of my first shots were done without a tripod, But city, star and time
    laps(bulb) are done with a stand.
    The Fountain (was a rainy night)
    Porche (hand held)
    Strata Moon (hand held)
    Looking UP (Spontaneous Hand Held)
    Thinking (Spontaneous Hand Held)

    I have only learn most of this in the last 2 weeks so I should get better
    very soon. I hope :)

    And I'm sure Cosmo would like you too!

    Andrew

    Andrew, Oct 20, 2003
  12. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    Thank you Gerhard

    They are all done with a stock EOS 300 Lens, the 18-55 mm EF-S.

    Andrew

    Andrew, Oct 20, 2003
  13. Andrew

    This Old Man Guest

    "Jim Townsend" <> wrote in message
    > Andrew wrote:
    >
    > > http://www.users.bigpond.com/andrewc/
    > >
    > > This is it copied straight of the browser, it works for me! If other

    people
    > > have a similar problem let me know.
    > >
    > > Andrew
    > >

    > All I get is:
    >
    > "The connection was refused when attempting to contact

    www.bigpond.user.com"

    Well, you transposed the URL! Either way I still can't get there. My DNS
    finds their IP OK at
    139.134.5.123 but I get page cannot be displayed. Maybe his server is
    blocking certain ISP's or something. I tried from SBC DSL last night and
    this morning through MCI and still no joy.
    This Old Man, Oct 20, 2003
  14. Andrew

    This Old Man Guest

    > "Jim Townsend" <> wrote in message
    > > Andrew wrote:
    > >
    > > > http://www.users.bigpond.com/andrewc/
    > > >
    > > > This is it copied straight of the browser, it works for me! If other

    > people
    > > > have a similar problem let me know.
    > > >
    > > > Andrew
    > > >

    > > All I get is:
    > >
    > > "The connection was refused when attempting to contact

    > www.bigpond.user.com"
    > >

    > Well, you transposed the URL! Either way I still can't get there. My DNS
    > finds their IP OK at
    > 139.134.5.123 but I get page cannot be displayed. Maybe his server is
    > blocking certain ISP's or something. I tried from SBC DSL last night and
    > this morning through MCI and still no joy.

    Sonic.net DSL cannot connect and neither can dial-up AOL. Is anyone in the
    UP.S. seeing his page?

    Darn, I just ordered the 300D kit and I really wanted to see these pictures!
    This Old Man, Oct 20, 2003
  15. Andrew

    Mustafa Krap Guest

    > Sonic.net DSL cannot connect and neither can dial-up AOL. Is anyone in
    the
    > UP.S. seeing his page?
    >
    > Darn, I just ordered the 300D kit and I really wanted to see these

    pictures!

    If you want to see some 300D pictures here are some of my first shots
    http://members.shaw.ca/mancity I've took a lot more since these were shot
    but haven't had chance to put them up yet. Most of these were taken with the
    28-105 USM II lens and using the Large/fine and parameter 1 setting. I've
    had the DRebel about 2 weeks now and absolutely love it, I have the 18-55
    kit lens, the 28-105 USM II , the 50 f1.8 prime and the 70-210 f4 which
    cover most of my photographic needs.

    Rob.
    Mustafa Krap, Oct 20, 2003
  16. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    Dam

    Thanks for the feedback.

    Not sure what happening there, Telstra Bigpond is having some huge issues at
    the moment, its Australia's largest ISP and some virus traffic has just
    about killed the speed.

    Anyway, I am moving the pictures to http://www.totalcareits.com.au/andrewc/
    sorry for any inconvenience.

    Andrew

    Geelong Australia

    Andrew, Oct 20, 2003
  17. Andrew

    DHB Guest

    Andrew,
    thanks for sharing all those pictures. It gives me & others a
    good idea of what the camera & lens is capable of doing. Now I'm just
    waiting to receive the prime 50mm f1.8 lens & backpack camera case to place
    everything in.

    Until then I am largely reading posts & learning as much as I can but
    soon hope to be out using my camera which is the best way to learn it.
    Never thought I would be looking forward to getting an inexpensive Canon
    prime 50mm f1.8 lens so much but I suspect it may be my most used lens &
    fastest lens until I can afford something better which probably won't be
    until April at the earliest.

    Thanks again, DHB

    DHB, Oct 21, 2003
  18. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    Doesn't the camera come with a lens in your part of the world ?
    I take it you have the Camera and no lens?

    The prime lens is cheap and has no zoom I take it,
    the EF-s
    http://www.canon.com.au/products/cameras_lenses_accessories/standard_zoom_lenses/efs1855mmf3556.html I
    have F-stop of 3.5 @ 55 so your will really let in some light for those
    night shots! I would like to have a play with that :)
    Can't seem to find much info about Prime Lenses here in Oz

    Hmmmmm Yes, my Camera, Happy with it am I, Yeess

    Thanks for the comments Yoda ! :)

    Andrew, Oct 21, 2003
  19. Andrew

    Dave Busch Guest

    My followup to this message from "Andrew" <>
    offers little new information:

    >Yes Bob
    >
    >That's the 18-55 mm, anything in particular you like Bob? IU want to
    >concentrate on what people like to see.
    >
    >Andrew

    How are you triggering the camera for the water drops?
    Dave Busch, Oct 21, 2003
  20. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    Actually that was when I didn't have my IR remote $43 AU.

    I just held the shutter button with one hand and dropped ICE or a Frozen PEA
    with the other and used good old fashion luck and .... well its a digital
    camera, 100 photos latter... what can I say! I love Digital :)

    The Pink think in "Green Drops Keep Falling on my Head" is a PEA by the way,
    I thought it looked cool!

    Andrew

    Andrew, Oct 21, 2003