    Current Nixvue firmware upgrades still do not support this.

    Does anyone know whether I can safely use the Delkin firmware upgrade
    in the Nixvue that does support this?

    john chapman, Sep 4, 2004

  2. I had the same question and for the heck of it I tried the update from
    Delkin on my Vista. I was hopeful as the update history for the two
    devices is the same but the update was not recognized by the Vista and
    would not even start to load (a good thing if it eventually was going
    to have a problem). I emailed Nixvue a few days ago about a Vista
    version of the firmware update but have not received a reply (sorta
    don't expect to as I emailed them a few months ago and did not hear
    back).

    Robert

    Robert Ardinger, Sep 18, 2004

  3. An Update, I noticed my Vista was at firmware 200.3 and actually had a
    Nixvue update I could try. I tried it with the same method I tried
    the Delkin update
    (copying the update folder to the device's hard drive via USB and it
    also would not see the update. I then tried it the way I had done it
    before, using the CF card (i.e. copy folder with update to CF card and
    put card into device) and it worked. SO, it might be possible for the
    Delkin Update to load (I really think it would) but it might take
    copying the firmware update folder to teh CF card and updating it that
    way. I think I will wait till I have a bit more time to correct any
    errors bofore I try this method.

    Robert Ardinger, Sep 18, 2004
  4. A third update. I just received a nice and very timely response to my
    email to Nixvue and with it was a near 7 MB attachment with the
    Firmware upgrade for the Vista that will read Nikon D70 RAW files. I
    have yet to install it but wanted to let you know that Nixvue does
    have the proper update and hopefully will update the web site but it
    appears they will also send it to folks that ask.

    Robert

    Robert Ardinger, Sep 20, 2004
  5. Last update, promise. I installed the new firmware I recieved from
    Nixvue (version 4.07) and it installed just fine (from the CF card)
    AND does indeed allow one to view the D70 RAW NEF files. I can now
    view files from the D100 and D70.

    Robert

    Robert Ardinger, Sep 20, 2004
  6. john chapman

    john chapman Guest

    The delkin firmware upgrade will work with the Nixvue Vista. I pulled
    it from the Nixvue siet. I have done it. It may not work with the
    other Nixvue image tank model.

    john chapman, Sep 20, 2004