    Has there been any reaction from Panasonic regarding the
    online petition for a firmware upgrade for the FZ50 ?

    , Feb 12, 2007

  2. Ed Guest

    As far as I know, Panasonic does not issue firmware updates for their point
    and shoots.
    ed

    Ed, Feb 12, 2007

  3. Guest

    On Feb 13, 12:49 am, "Ed" <ekirstein*nospammers*catskill.net> wrote:
    > As far as I know, Panasonic does not issue firmware updates for their point
    > and shoots.
    > ed

    Pity. The one thing that's stopped me from buying an FZ50 is
    the over-zealous Venus III engine. I still consider myself
    a beginner, but even I could immediately spot the effects of
    heavy-handed noise reduction in some of the shots taken by
    owners when the camera was released last year. I don't want
    to have to shoot RAW all the time.

    , Feb 12, 2007
  4. Panasonic released a firmware update only once. They charged for it. Several
    people that bought it then turned around and gave it away. Panasonic since
    then has never released another firmware update and I wouldn't hold my
    breath now.

    ljc

    Little Juice Coupe, Feb 12, 2007