    Just got a firmware update for my Gigaset 475IP, anybody know what has
    changed. The only difference I can see is that, on logging in, I got a
    screen warning me to change the access pin number.

    Ian Pawson, Apr 8, 2009

  2. Gordon Henderson, Apr 8, 2009

  3. Ian Pawson

    Paul Hayes Guest

    Gordon Henderson wrote:
    > In article <grhl0b$fgp$>, Ian Pawson <> wrote:
    >> Just got a firmware update for my Gigaset 475IP, anybody know what has
    >> changed. The only difference I can see is that, on logging in, I got a
    >> screen warning me to change the access pin number.

    > This link:
    >
    > http://gigaset.com/shc/0,1935,hq_en...Type%3Adownloads_imagePos%3A0,00.html#content
    >
    > May help. Hm. stupid long URL, try:
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/cmc2j6
    >
    > Not for the C460IP though )-:
    >
    > Gordon

    No the C460IP has been end of life for some time now so the only updates
    you'll ever get for that are security fixes if they ever occur.

    Nice to see they've at least partially implemented call transfer using
    the flash hook (R) key now.

    Paul.

    Paul Hayes, Apr 8, 2009
  4. Ian Pawson

    alexd Guest

    Gordon Henderson wrote:

    > In article <grhl0b$fgp$>, Ian Pawson <>
    > wrote:

    >>Just got a firmware update for my Gigaset 475IP

    > Not for the C460IP though )-:

    You just need to download the toolchain, then you can simply and easily
    build your own:

    http://gigaset.com/shc/0,1,hq_en_0_162683_,00.html

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    20:22:23 up 124 days, 21:33, 2 users, load average: 0.12, 0.11, 0.09

    alexd, Apr 8, 2009
  5. Ian Pawson

    Ian Pawson Guest

    Gordon Henderson wrote:
    > In article <grhl0b$fgp$>, Ian Pawson <> wrote:
    >> Just got a firmware update for my Gigaset 475IP, anybody know what has
    >> changed. The only difference I can see is that, on logging in, I got a
    >> screen warning me to change the access pin number.

    > This link:
    >
    > http://gigaset.com/shc/0,1935,hq_en...Type%3Adownloads_imagePos%3A0,00.html#content
    >
    > May help. Hm. stupid long URL, try:
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/cmc2j6
    >
    > Not for the C460IP though )-:
    >
    > Gordon

    Many thanks for the link

    Ian Pawson, Apr 9, 2009
  6. Ian Pawson

    Guest

    Ian Pawson schreef:
    > Just got a firmware update for my Gigaset 475IP, anybody know what has
    > changed. The only difference I can see is that, on logging in, I got a
    > screen warning me to change the access pin number.

    On my 301 D i noticed also some improvements in the giganet instant
    messages features (And Jabber network)

    --
    Bedankt, Thanks,

    The Fug.

    , Apr 10, 2009
  7. Ian Pawson

    Paul Hayes Guest

    Jono wrote:
    > Paul Hayes wrote :
    >> Nice to see they've at least partially implemented call transfer using
    >> the flash hook (R) key now.

    > How's it partially implemented..?

    You can use the R key to transfer the call but not to put the call on
    hold. So the process goes something like:

    - one call in progress
    - go to "menu" and "ext call"
    - now the first call goes on hold and you get dial tone
    - make a second call
    - press the R key.

    In an ideal world step two would also just be "press the R key".

    cheers,
    Paul.

    Paul Hayes, Apr 15, 2009
  8. Ian Pawson

    Dave Saville Guest

    On Wed, 8 Apr 2009 19:26:10 UTC, alexd <> wrote:

    > Gordon Henderson wrote:
    >
    > > In article <grhl0b$fgp$>, Ian Pawson <>
    > > wrote:

    > >>Just got a firmware update for my Gigaset 475IP

    > > Not for the C460IP though )-:

    > You just need to download the toolchain, then you can simply and easily
    > build your own:
    >
    > http://gigaset.com/shc/0,1,hq_en_0_162683_,00.html

    How does one know which baseline to use?
    --
    Regards
    Dave Saville

    Dave Saville, Apr 18, 2009
  9. Ian Pawson

    alexd Guest

    Dave Saville wrote:

    > On Wed, 8 Apr 2009 19:26:10 UTC, alexd <> wrote:

    >> You just need to download the toolchain, then you can simply and easily
    >> build your own:

    > How does one know which baseline to use?

    No idea. Note that I sarcastically said 'simply and easily' to the bloke who
    makes and sells PBXes for a living.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    15:19:47 up 136 days, 16:30, 3 users, load average: 0.00, 0.03, 0.00

    alexd, Apr 20, 2009
  10. In article <>, alexd <> wrote:
    >Dave Saville wrote:
    >
    >> On Wed, 8 Apr 2009 19:26:10 UTC, alexd <> wrote:

    >>> You just need to download the toolchain, then you can simply and easily
    >>> build your own:

    >> How does one know which baseline to use?

    >No idea. Note that I sarcastically said 'simply and easily' to the bloke who
    >makes and sells PBXes for a living.

    Yup - that's me... And while I looked at the link, it's currently filed
    under the "nice to play with, but lifes too short" folder...

    There's loads of things I'd like to do in a phone, but I don't have the
    capacity myself - and mostly, phones do just work... I use the Asterisk
    native transfer facilities on Siemens anyway - even the newer ones, as
    you then have a method that works for everything...

    Cheers,

    Gordon
    (And I do a little more than just make & sell PBXs, but who's counting :)

    Gordon Henderson, Apr 20, 2009