    Mickey98 Guest

    Can anyone inform me on the availabillity of a firmware for the Fuji
    FinePix A350?

    Mickey98, Aug 30, 2007

  2. Mickey98

    ASAAR Guest

    On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 12:05:41 -0000, Mickey98 wrote:

    > Can anyone inform me on the availabillity of a firmware
    > for the Fuji FinePix A350?

    No firmware upgrades have been offered for the A350. Is there
    some problem you were hoping was corrected? The only downloads that
    I'm aware of that are available for Fuji's FinePix A350 are manuals,
    USB drivers and brochures, which you can get from :

    http://fujifilmusa.com/JSP/fuji/epartners/ServiceSupportProduct.jsp?prodcat=829285

    ASAAR, Aug 30, 2007

  3. Mickey98

    Mickey98 Guest

    On 30 aug, 14:49, ASAAR <> wrote:
    > On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 12:05:41 -0000, Mickey98 wrote:
    > > Can anyone inform me on the availabillity of a firmware
    > > for the Fuji FinePix A350?

    > No firmware upgrades have been offered for the A350. Is there
    > some problem you were hoping was corrected? The only downloads that
    > I'm aware of that are available for Fuji's FinePix A350 are manuals,
    > USB drivers and brochures, which you can get from :
    >
    > http://fujifilmusa.com/JSP/fuji/epartners/ServiceSupportProduct.jsp?p...

    I was hoping for a firmware which would enable the possibillity to
    save images in RAW format...

    Mickey98, Aug 31, 2007
  4. Mickey98

    ASAAR Guest

    On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 03:40:01 -0700, Mickey98 wrote:

    >> No firmware upgrades have been offered for the A350. Is there
    >> some problem you were hoping was corrected?

    > . . .
    >
    > I was hoping for a firmware which would enable the possibillity to
    > save images in RAW format...

    Fuji's A### series are more or less entry level cameras that don't
    provide RAW output files. My old S5100 and the S5200 that replaced
    it have RAW, but the current S700/S5700 doesn't. The larger S6000fd
    and S9100 cameras support RAW format files, but I don't know if any
    of the other small Fuji's do. To get RAW file capability in a small
    P&S camera you might have to switch to another brand.

    ASAAR, Aug 31, 2007
  5. Mickey98

    John Turco Guest

    ASAAR wrote:

    > On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 03:40:01 -0700, Mickey98 wrote:
    >
    > >> No firmware upgrades have been offered for the A350. Is there
    > >> some problem you were hoping was corrected?

    > > . . .
    > >
    > > I was hoping for a firmware which would enable the possibillity to
    > > save images in RAW format...

    > Fuji's A### series are more or less entry level cameras that don't
    > provide RAW output files. My old S5100 and the S5200 that replaced
    > it have RAW, but the current S700/S5700 doesn't. The larger S6000fd
    > and S9100 cameras support RAW format files, but I don't know if any
    > of the other small Fuji's do. To get RAW file capability in a small
    > P&S camera you might have to switch to another brand.

    Hello, ASAAR:

    Neither Fuji, nor any other outfit, is going to provide such a firmware
    update; it's simply not in their best interests to do so. Namely, if you
    want a certain feature, then, you must upgrade to a model having it.

    For instance, after buying a used Kodak DX6490 (off eBay), last year, I
    did a lot of online research on this 10x "super zoom" camera (introduced
    during 2003). I learned that a number of its owners were clamoring for
    Kodak to add RAW support, in firmware.

    It staunchly refused, naturally, and later (2005) came out with its "P"
    series of advanced digicams (e.g., my own 12x P850), which did include
    RAW capability.

    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    John Turco, Sep 4, 2007