    Hey sorry if I am in the wrong spot to get help, just needa HAND IN FIGURING OUT MY FIREWIRE PORT OR IEEE-1394 port!
    I went into device manager and there is nothing that sez IEEE-1394 bus or watever... so I think that my device is not installed, am I right?
    If so I have the ASUS K8V-X motherboard but wen I put the driver in I cant find anything bout the firewire port, where can I get a driver to install it, or do you know wat my problem is, thanks!:hmm2:

    guin0011, Jul 6, 2006

  2. guin0011

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I don't think your motherboard has firewire or IEEE-1394 ports.

    Check this review: http://www.planetamd64.com/lofiversion/index.php/t4417.html

    or check this web site for specs: http://www.dealtime.com/xPF-ASUS_K8V_X_Athlon64_Socket_754_K8T800_SATA_RAID_GBE_ATX_Motherboard

    If you go into System / Device Manager, and all devices are fine (no yellow unknown devices), and you can't find any firewire or IEEE-1394 devices, then you don't have it on your motherboard. Maybe your case has a firewire port, but it's probably not connected to the motherboard because there is no place to connect it.

    If you need firewire ports, you can buy a PCI card that has them.

    Last edited: Jul 18, 2006
    bigal, Jul 18, 2006

  3. guin0011

    unholy