    it is not the port is there and all leads connect fine do I need to instal a
    capture card to the Motherboard or whATpLEASE SOMEBODY ADVISE ME MUCH
    APPRECIATED

    =?Utf-8?B?UHJvYmxlbSBHdXk=?=, Apr 9, 2006

  2. Have you looked at your device manager to see if your system recognizes the
    firewire bus?

    Assuming you are using XP go to your start button and then right-click on my
    computer. Select properties from the drop down menu, then select the
    hardware tab, then from there select device manager. You should see a list
    of hardware there that is currently connected to your computer. Look for
    something labeled IEEE 1394 Bus host controllers (or similar...verbage may
    differ based on hardware, but IEEE 1394 is the spec for firewire). If you
    expand the list there by clicking the plus sign beside it you should have
    specific hardware devices listed. If there is a red X over the item, then it
    is disabled. Right click on it and select enable.

    If there is no red X, or there are no items at all that correspond with
    firewire you may need to pull a driver down from your manufacturer's website.

    Assuming the you are able to get the port enabled, you will probably need to
    download some software for your camera as well. Same deal...check out the
    manufacturer's website. You should be able to get the software you need
    there.

    Hope this helps.

    --
    John Strohecker, MCSE

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBTdHJvaGVja2Vy?=, Apr 10, 2006