Firewire connected Panasonic camcorder - empty AUTOPLAY popup

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by BertieBigBollox@gmail.com, Nov 25, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Havent used this for a while but it was previously working...

    Got a Panasonic camcorder connected via a Firewire PCI card.

    When I conenct it all up and power on the camcorder a box pops up
    (like when it finds a new device or you plug a USB stick in). It says
    the old :-

    AUTOPLAY
    Windows can perform the same action each time you connect this
    device.
    What do you want Windows to do?

    Trouble is the selection box is COMPLETELY EMPTY...

    Any ideas?

    Where else can I see if its picked up the firewire camera?

    , Nov 25, 2007

  2. Elmo Guest

    wrote:
    > Haven't used this for awhile but it was previously working...
    >
    > Got a Panasonic camcorder connected via a Firewire PCI card.
    >
    > When I connect it all up and power on the camcorder a box pops up
    > (like when it finds a new device or you plug a USB stick in). It says
    > the old :-
    >
    > AUTOPLAY
    > Windows can perform the same action each time you connect this
    > device.
    > What do you want Windows to do?
    >
    > Trouble is the selection box is COMPLETELY EMPTY...
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Where else can I see if it's picked up the Firewire camera?

    Maybe this will help.

    234. (r-h column) AutoPlay Repair Tool

    --
    Joe =o)