    I know with some cables like serial and others you should not exceed certain
    lengths due to signal loss. Is the same true with firewire?
    Also is firewire bi-directional?

    Steve, Feb 21, 2004

  2. Steve

    ICee Guest

    Steve wrote:
    > I know with some cables like serial and others you should not exceed
    > certain lengths due to signal loss. Is the same true with firewire?

    Yes. To achieve the max 400 Mbps speed, no more than 4.5 meters.
    Lengths of up to 30 meters have been achieved by using thicker cables
    and/or reducing transmission speed.

    > Also is firewire bi-directional?

    Yes.

    More info here:
    http://www.dvcentral.org/Firewire.html

    ICee, Feb 21, 2004

  3. Steve

    Steve Guest

    Thank you very much for your prompt response!!

    Steve

    Steve, Feb 21, 2004
  4. Steve

    ICee Guest

    Steve wrote:
    > Thank you very much for your prompt response!!
    >
    > Steve

    You're welcome.

    ICee, Feb 21, 2004