    Jane Guest

    I am not sure what type of firewall and anti virus software to use.

    Can anyone recommend one?
    Jane, Jun 20, 2005

  2. Jane

    VWWall Guest

    Jane wrote:
    > I am not sure what type of firewall and anti virus software to use.
    >
    > Can anyone recommend one?

    I recommend FireFox. See:

    http://www.mozillazine.org/

    You can download the latest version by clicking on " Fx 1.0.4" in the
    page's header.

    --
    Virg Wall
    VWWall, Jun 20, 2005

  3. Jane

    PMD Guest

    Jane wrote:

    > I am not sure what type of firewall and anti virus software to use.
    >
    > Can anyone recommend one?

    Mozilla or Opera, AVG, ZoneAlarm, Spybot, Adaware, Spyware Blaster just
    for starters.

    --

    ~PMD~

    Squadron Leader

    Super Reds - Champions Of Europe!!

    * * * * *
    PMD, Jun 20, 2005
  4. Jane

    slusken Guest

    There are a number of free firewalls out there just google ;)

    I currently use Outpost have also tryed Sygate and Kerio and thougt they
    worked fine but you should get a AntiVirus program too like AVG (free)

    Outpost free : http://www.agnitum.com/download/outpost1.html
    Sygate personal firewall: http://smb.sygate.com/products/spf_standard.htm
    Kiero Personal firewall: http://www.kerio.com/us/kpf_download.html
    AVG Antivirus (free): http://www.grisoft.com/doc/1

    Hopefully something suit you
    /Slusken
    http://www.userhealth.tk

    slusken, Jun 20, 2005
  5. VWWall, <>, the depressive, gusseted flea beetle, and
    person who wears tents because no regular clothes will fit, pealed:

    > Jane wrote:
    >> I am not sure what type of firewall and anti virus software to use.
    >>
    >> Can anyone recommend one?
    >>

    > I recommend FireFox. See:
    >
    > http://www.mozillazine.org/
    >
    > You can download the latest version by clicking on " Fx 1.0.4" in the
    > page's header.

    You dumb ****.

    is but a dream within a dream.
    Lord Gazwad of Grantham, Jun 21, 2005
  6. Jane

    VWWall Guest

    VWWall wrote:
    > Jane wrote:
    >
    >> I am not sure what type of firewall and anti virus software to use.
    >>
    >> Can anyone recommend one?
    >>

    > I recommend FireFox. See:
    >
    > http://www.mozillazine.org/
    >
    > You can download the latest version by clicking on " Fx 1.0.4" in the
    > page's header.

    A little "chum", and they all bite!

    VWW
    VWWall, Jun 21, 2005
  7. Jane

    Daniel Guest

    "Jane" <> wrote in message
    >I am not sure what type of firewall and anti virus software to use.
    >
    > Can anyone recommend one?

    For a firewall nothing beats (or gets through) the AlphaShield.
    Daniel, Jun 21, 2005
  8. Jane wrote:
    > I am not sure what type of firewall and anti virus software to use.
    >
    > Can anyone recommend one?

    I use eTrust suite,includes AV,Spam Blocker,Pest Patrol and Firewall.
    -max
    What's in a Name?, Jun 21, 2005
  9. slusken wrote:

    > There are a number of free firewalls out there just google ;)
    >
    > I currently use Outpost have also tryed Sygate and Kerio and thougt they
    > worked fine but you should get a AntiVirus program too like AVG (free)
    >
    > Outpost free : http://www.agnitum.com/download/outpost1.html
    > Sygate personal firewall: http://smb.sygate.com/products/spf_standard.htm
    > Kiero Personal firewall: http://www.kerio.com/us/kpf_download.html
    > AVG Antivirus (free): http://www.grisoft.com/doc/1

    AVG Antivirus NOW, AVG Antivirus and Firewall.
    Im supose that you running Windows XP or some else.
    I sugest AVG, because do the two in one and its free to use it.

    [...]

    --
    David Van Mosselbeen - DVM
    http://dvm.zapto.org:3333