    I'm not sure was firewall & anti virus software to use.

    Can anyone recommend one?

    Jane

    Jane, Jun 20, 2005

  2. Jane

    Usenet Guest

    "Jane" <> wrote in message
    news:d9723c$sr$...
    > I'm not sure was firewall & anti virus software to use.
    >
    > Can anyone recommend one?

    You want to pay for it or free?
    I use Kerio FW but it's an older version cos' the new one sucks but it's
    free.
    I use McAfee VS just because it was also free (although it's a commercial
    app so you'll need to pay).

    I've had no issue with either .. run fine and protect me well enough.

    Usenet, Jun 20, 2005

  3. Jane

    Dave Lear Guest

    "Jane" wrote in message news:d9723c$sr$

    > I'm not sure was firewall & anti virus software to use.
    > Can anyone recommend one?

    Sure, but it's likely to depend on which Operating System you want it for,
    i.e. if Windows, which version?

    Dave Lear, Jun 20, 2005
  4. Jane

    why? Guest

    On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 19:32:09 +0100, Jane wrote:

    >I'm not sure was firewall & anti virus software to use.
    >
    >Can anyone recommend one?

    I use eTrust ezAntivirus / Outpost Pro FW on several PCs, this
    combination works well and hasn't had any problems.

    A few others use Outpost FW anwith F-Prot AV. Yet another has F-Prot AV
    and BlackICE for FW.

    The newest PC , when it's running Windows XP 64bit will be using Avast
    for AV. Otherwise it's a Linux box with it's own firewall.

    Me

    why?, Jun 20, 2005
  5. Jane

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Jane wrote:

    > I'm not sure was firewall & anti virus software to use.
    >
    > Can anyone recommend one?

    You can look at Outpost, Sygate and ZA they are all free and they have paid
    for versions too. I hear that ZA is the most user friendly out of all of
    them.

    AV NOD32 is not a bad choice and is becoming popular www.nod32.com and it
    has a 25 day full trial version.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jun 20, 2005
  6. Jane

    joevan Guest

    On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 19:32:09 +0100, "Jane" <> wrote:

    >I'm not sure was firewall & anti virus software to use.
    >
    >Can anyone recommend one?
    >

    >Jane

    I use Kaspersky AV and Outpost firewall. They both work wonderfully
    with xp. I personally wouldn't use anything else.
    I also think you should use spybot -Search & Destroy, SpywareBlaster,
    ad aware, and if you wish Xoftspy. Check them out learn to use them
    and you will be a happier computer user.
    If you have problems currently get CW Shredder and Hijack This, and
    use those. Check back to this group for help on any of those,
    especially if you use Hijack This, don't delete anything until you
    really know about it.

    and for the same reason."

    joevan, Jun 20, 2005
  7. Jane