    shucky_1 Guest

    Who's got the securied and user friendly firewall? such as zonealarm,
    sygate and so on?

    shucky_1, Oct 14, 2003

  2. shucky_1

    °Mike° Guest

    I have no idea what "securied" means, but if you
    are asking for links...

    Outpost
    Outpost Firewall Guide
    http://outpostfirewall.com/guide/index.htm

    Sygate
    http://smb.sygate.com/products/spf/spf_ov.htm

    Zone Alarm
    http://www.zonelabs.com/

    Kerio
    http://www.kerio.com/kpf_home.html

    Tiny
    http://www.tinysoftware.com/home/tiny2?pg=tpf5-home

    On 13 Oct 2003 18:29:18 -0700, in
    <>
    shucky_1 scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Oct 14, 2003

  3. shucky_1

    David Guest

    Mike -- which do you think is better, the free version of Sygate or the free
    version of Outpost? I'm thinking of installing one or the other.

    David, Oct 14, 2003
  4. shucky_1

    Brian H¹© Guest

    David said:

    > Mike -- which do you think is better, the free version of Sygate or the free
    > version of Outpost? I'm thinking of installing one or the other.

    Outpost is extremely good, and pretty simple to get used to.

    Brian H¹©, Oct 14, 2003
  5. shucky_1

    Mike0000 Guest

    shucky_1 wrote:

    > Who's got the securied and user friendly firewall? such as zonealarm,
    > sygate and so on?

    Stick with Zone Alarm. Its free and there's nothing wrong with it.

    --
    Mike
    Block Banner Ads Now

    Mike0000, Oct 14, 2003
  6. shucky_1

    °Mike° Guest

    Both are excellent, but Outpost is far easier to configure,
    and has the added bonus of plug-ins.

    On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 02:48:28 GMT, in
    <0uJib.23363$>
    David scrawled:

    °Mike°, Oct 14, 2003
  7. shucky_1

    shucky_1 Guest

    Mike what I was talking about being secured is with thios zonealarm
    pro the true vector is starting to disable its self from time to time
    which then pretty much disables the firewall security all the way
    around. I have to reboot my pc before starting za back up again. Has
    anyone else had this problem with other firewalls?

    shucky_1, Oct 16, 2003
  8. shucky_1

    Boomer Guest

    shucky_1 wrote:

    > Mike what I was talking about being secured is with thios
    > zonealarm pro the true vector is starting to disable its self
    > from time to time which then pretty much disables the firewall
    > security all the way around. I have to reboot my pc before
    > starting za back up again. Has anyone else had this problem with
    > other firewalls?

    You might want to read/ask at this group also.

    comp.security.firewalls

    Boomer, Oct 16, 2003