Firewalls and Anti-Virus Installation After Your Windows PC Is On TheInternet

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by tracker, Aug 20, 2003.

  1. tracker

    tracker Guest

    Tracker has decided to make this post for my amusement and to actually
    see how much security really means to the people of this world.
    Carefully consider your responses to this post, because you may be
    eating your words. Others have asked me to back up my information which
    has been posted on Usenet and I'm willing to make the time to prove my
    facts. Here is my question to all:
    Your Windows system is connected to the Internet including some
    anti-virus application, but no firewall. Most people forget to disable
    the services Windows enables by default, like print and file sharing. A
    user comes along and installs an anti-virus application, how is this
    application going to close the "Open Ports" in Windows? By now, the
    malicious hacker has installed their Trojan Horses, Backdoors and
    Virtual Private Network(s) on your computer, allowing them easy access.
    You come along and install say one firewall, hardware or software, how
    do think this is going to protect your computer and be "damn" specific?
    When all is said and done, Tracker will have faced the world and shown
    you the
    "Secrets of The Hacker Underground". Take this post as a post which
    will be so serious you will be Thanking me.

    Tracker
    Beefs fiancee'
    tracker, Aug 20, 2003