Firewalling 2 live WAN links

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by psychogenic, Sep 4, 2007.

  1. psychogenic

    psychogenic Guest

    I currently have one ASA 5510 sitting behind one of my edge routers
    and I'd like to also use this same device to firewall another WAN
    link. Currently the 2 networks behind each WAN link can talk to each
    other through our core router. Is this doable? Would I need to
    configure 2 inside interfaces so that traffic destined for either of
    those WANs have their own gateway? Can this be accomplished with just
    one inside interface? The end result will look something like this (Ip
    ranges are just examples):

    10.1.1.0/24
    WAN B
    =
    =
    Router B
    =
    =
    ASA 5510 = = Router A = = WAN A 20.1.1.0/24
    =
    =
    Core Router
    192.168.1.0/24
    Internal Network

    It's all static routing here.
    psychogenic, Sep 4, 2007

  2. psychogenic

    psychogenic Guest

    Here is an example of what my current network looks like (IPs are just
    examples):

    WAN B
    =
    =
    Router B
    =
    =
    ASA 5510
    =
    =
    Core Router = = Router A = = Wan A
    =
    =
    Internal Network

    WAN B network 192.168.10.0/24
    WAN A network 192.168.20.0/24
    Internal network 192.168.30.0/24

    On the core router I have static routes to forward traffic destined
    for WAN A to Router A and traffic to WAN B to the ASA 5510. On the ASA
    I have routers set to forward all traffic coming out of the outside i/
    f to Router B and all traffic from the inside i/f to the core router.
    Simple stuff. However now I want to move that Router A link up to the
    ASA 5510 so that both are firewalled.
    psychogenic, Sep 5, 2007