    .. This message pops up about every 20 seconds.

    Would this be related to my previous post on "startpage etc"?

    thanks

    anOLDun, Oct 10, 2005

  2. anOLDun

    why? Guest

    On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 10:38:00 +0100, anOLDun wrote:

    >Lo again
    >(O/s winXP)
    >
    >I am running ZoneAlarm and i keep getting a message....
    >
    > "Firewall has blocked internet access to your computer (netBIOS
    >Session),etc etc"

    It's the "etc etc" that's usually important, as there are no ports /
    addresses using etc etc.

    Then it's working, so turn off the pop up notification.

    >. This message pops up about every 20 seconds.
    >
    >Would this be related to my previous post on "startpage etc"?

    Would it? You didn't think so by starting another thread :)

    Back to the other post.....

    Me

    why?, Oct 10, 2005

  3. anOLDun

    Trax Guest

    "anOLDun" <> wrote:

    |>Lo again
    |>(O/s winXP)
    |>
    |>I am running ZoneAlarm and i keep getting a message....
    |>
    |> "Firewall has blocked internet access to your computer (netBIOS
    |>Session),etc etc"
    |>
    |>. This message pops up about every 20 seconds.
    |>
    |>Would this be related to my previous post on "startpage etc"?

    You could download and run Tcpview
    http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/TcpView.html
    and see who's knocking.

    While your there you could also get Process explorer
    http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/ProcessExplorer.html
    see what's running and starting the process, (double click on the
    process and read it's image) then delete/remove it's parent.

    --
    Fark.com rates in the top 100
    http://news.com.com/2311-10784_3-101250.html#18763847

    Trax, Oct 10, 2005