    access to my laptop while still allowing me to use the internet?

    thanks,

    cheech

    cheech, Feb 27, 2007

  2. Hi
    Yap, almost all Firewalls have a separate control for Internet and local
    traffic (aka the Trusted Zone). You can configure your Firewall to allow
    Internet and block all Local inter-computer traffic. I do not have Zone
    Alarm in front of me. Please consult your Manual.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Feb 27, 2007

  3. cheech

    Jim Guest

    hope you removed file and printer sharing service on both then.

    Jim, Feb 28, 2007
  4. cheech

    cheech Guest

    On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 11:35:15 -0500, "Jack \(MVP-Networking\)."
    <> wrote:

    >Hi
    >Yap, almost all Firewalls have a separate control for Internet and local
    >traffic (aka the Trusted Zone). You can configure your Firewall to allow
    >Internet and block all Local inter-computer traffic. I do not have Zone
    >Alarm in front of me. Please consult your Manual.
    >Jack (MVP-Networking).

    thanks jack. in za i set the trusted zone to stealth. it indicates
    that no file sharing is allowed and i am "invisible" on my laptop.
    seems the kids are a lot better at this stuff these days. i just
    wanted to be sure bank passwords etc. were safe.

    cheech

    cheech, Mar 2, 2007