Firewall Settings ZoneAlarm Security Suite Netgear Router

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Micorsoft News Server, Nov 23, 2006.

  1. I have just installed a Netgear CE 0560 Router for my local wireless
    network:

    Desktop (Asus Cross Hair Dual Core Athlon 64FX-2, 2800 MHz)

    ??

    + Netgear ?? Cable Modem ?? Blue yonder Broadband

    ??

    Laptop (Iridium P4)

    When I setup this local network the vendor told me that the firewall
    settings in the Zone Alarm Security Suite (6.5.737.000) should include the
    local network as trusted in both the desktop laptop as follows

    Name Home Internet

    IP Address/Site 192.169.1.0/255.255.255.0

    Entry type Network

    Zone Trusted

    This works fine but I would have expected that the zone should be Internet,
    not Trusted

    What do others think?

    Micorsoft News Server, Nov 23, 2006

  2. Micorsoft News Server

    optikl Guest

    "Micorsoft News Server" <> wrote in message

    > What do others think?

    Trusted

    optikl, Nov 24, 2006