Firewall Services Module (FWSM) Questions.

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by osman arslaner, Mar 5, 2004.

  1. Hello,

    I have some questions on FWSM and any help will be appreciated:

    Basically what we are trying to do is simple in architecture:
    Relocating production Vlans behind the FWSM blade..

    In comparison, this is much simpler than putting it on the perimeter
    and have the whole network behind it where you need to do complex
    routing etc..

    I have defined one outside interface where FWSM interfaces with the
    campus network ... The idea is to put VLANS (not complex) behind this
    interface. The filtering (ACL)s for incoming traffic is done on the
    outside interface.

    1) In order to make a distinction between different vlans, would it be
    possible to use more then one access-list on the outside interface ?
    (If I specify only one access-list for all the incoming traffic from
    outside to the vlans, it will be difficult to troubleshoot when having
    problems with specific vlans)

    2) ACL Command: access-list x permit tcp any any established can not
    be used for FWSM.. Is there anything else I can use to replace
    "established" ?

    3) If I want to put comments in the FWSM configuration file, how can I
    do that ?

    Thanks in advance

    --osman

    Montreal, Quebec