    Is this a possible threat? How do you know?
    I've been denying them because it mentions the Kernel.
    Please help.
    Ctrl-Alt-Del_356, Aug 12, 2004

  2. Ctrl-Alt-Del_356

    Michael-NC Guest

    Google shows you may have NetBIOS protocol installed and are either getting
    scanned or it's just another computer that's asking your computer's name.
    Check your NetBIOS properties and bindings. Why don't you contact Kerio's
    support site and ask them.

    "Ctrl-Alt-Del_356" <> wrote in message
    > I have Kerio Personal Firewall on my Win98se system.
    > Sometimes, I get a notice similar to this:
    > "Someone from WLL-38-pppoe074.t-net.net.ve [200.31.152.74], port 62739

    wants
    > to send UDP datagram to port 137 owned by 'Windows Kernel core component'

    on

    Michael-NC, Aug 12, 2004

  3. Thanks. I will.

    Ctrl-Alt-Del_356, Aug 12, 2004
  4. Ctrl-Alt-Del_356

    derek / nul Guest

    This is one of the fileshare ports, this could be an unprotected machine or a
    hack attempt.

    It has nothing to do with what is on your machine as it is an incoming packet.

    derek / nul, Aug 12, 2004