    On the firewall software itself it says that the Description is 'Cloaking',
    any idea what this means?

    In some cases it shows a ping attack and description for this is 'Firewall'.

    J, May 9, 2004

  2. In article <409e6d38$0$20821$>, "J" <.> says...
    > I wonder if someone can answer a question for me.
    >
    > I am using a software firewall by Trend and am examing the logs.
    >
    > I am being hit on ports 80, 25, 22, 52, 21, from the same IP address, have
    > run tracert and it reveals a German address?
    >
    > On the firewall software itself it says that the Description is 'Cloaking',
    > any idea what this means?
    >
    > In some cases it shows a ping attack and description for this is 'Firewall'.

    someone or something is looking for open ports to exploit. could be a
    worm. if you're not running anything on these or any other ports that
    you get a warning about, there's nothing to worry about.

    netstat -an from a DOS prompt is your friend. research each port that is
    open on your router, your computer, etc. and learn how to close these
    ports.

    --
    Colonel Flagg
    http://www.internetwarzone.org/