    computer is actively on-line, or is the danger period only when the computer
    is inactive?
    Advice much appreciated.

    Lee Geist, Jan 27, 2005

  2. "Lee Geist" <> wrote in message
    news:
    > After weeks of frustration at inability to access several sites, I
    > found that my firewall (ZoneAlarm Pro) was blocking required outgoing
    > passwords. Temporarily shutting down the firewall gave me full access.
    >
    > But the question is: How dangerous is it to disable the firewall
    > for a relatively short period (say an hour)? I'm on cable, so I'm
    > effectively on-line and available all the time, and according to
    > reports from both ZA and Norton attack attempts are frequent. Can a
    > hacker get in while the computer is actively on-line, or is the
    > danger period only when the computer is inactive?
    > Advice much appreciated.

    Zonelabs have a forum, go there to ask your fucked up question, you nong.

    You lost the pricks in 24hourfuckup.idiotdesk after this point in your post
    "After weeks of frustration at inability" because that very feeling is with
    them all, night and fuckin' day.

    --
    Glorious Goitre

    Gloria Goitre, Jan 27, 2005

  3. Lee Geist wrote:
    > After weeks of frustration at inability to access several sites, I found
    > that my firewall (ZoneAlarm Pro) was blocking required outgoing passwords.
    > Temporarily shutting down the firewall gave me full access.
    >
    > But the question is: How dangerous is it to disable the firewall for a
    > relatively short period (say an hour)? I'm on cable, so I'm effectively
    > on-line and available all the time, and according to reports from both ZA
    > and Norton attack attempts are frequent. Can a hacker get in while the
    > computer is actively on-line, or is the danger period only when the computer
    > is inactive?
    > Advice much appreciated.

    I wouldn't advise it. But for an hour or so if your Windows are patched
    up to date, you are less likely to run into problems like sasser,
    blaster, etc. Hackers getting in is a possibility but not real likely.
    Can't you set ZA to allow full communications with the particular sites?
    And from your post it appears you are running two firewalls, not a good
    idea.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jan 27, 2005
  4. "Lee Geist" <> wrote in message
    > After weeks of frustration at inability to access several sites, I
    > found that my firewall (ZoneAlarm Pro) was blocking required outgoing
    > passwords. Temporarily shutting down the firewall gave me full access.
    >
    > But the question is: How dangerous is it to disable the firewall
    > for a relatively short period (say an hour)? I'm on cable, so I'm
    > effectively on-line and available all the time, and according to
    > reports from both ZA and Norton attack attempts are frequent. Can a
    > hacker get in while the computer is actively on-line, or is the
    > danger period only when the computer is inactive?
    > Advice much appreciated.

    Look fuckwit, if there is no firewall present and you have SP2 correctly
    installed, XP will apply its own firewall whether you like it or not, so
    your machine will be protected whether you like it or not.

    Like it or not you are a fuckwit.

    --
    You ain't Dutch if you've been conned.

    Kutloze Scheefgepoepte, Jan 27, 2005
  5. "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    > Lee Geist wrote:
    >> After weeks of frustration at inability to access several sites, I
    >> found that my firewall (ZoneAlarm Pro) was blocking required
    >> outgoing passwords. Temporarily shutting down the firewall gave me
    >> full access. But the question is: How dangerous is it to disable the
    >> firewall
    >> for a relatively short period (say an hour)? I'm on cable, so I'm
    >> effectively on-line and available all the time, and according to
    >> reports from both ZA and Norton attack attempts are frequent. Can a
    >> hacker get in while the computer is actively on-line, or is the
    >> danger period only when the computer is inactive?
    >> Advice much appreciated.

    > I wouldn't advise it. But for an hour or so if your Windows are
    > patched up to date, you are less likely to run into problems like
    > sasser, blaster, etc. Hackers getting in is a possibility but not
    > real likely. Can't you set ZA to allow full communications with the
    > particular sites? And from your post it appears you are running two
    > firewalls, not a good idea.

    That was really fuckin' helpful, eh, you prized donkey's arse?

    --
    You ain't Dutch if you've been conned.

    Kutloze Scheefgepoepte, Jan 27, 2005
  6. Lee Geist

    mhicaoidh Guest

    Taking a moment's reflection, Lee Geist mused:

    | After weeks of frustration at inability to access several sites, I found
    | that my firewall (ZoneAlarm Pro) was blocking required outgoing passwords.
    | Temporarily shutting down the firewall gave me full access.

    There is an option in ZoneAlarm to add sites to a list that will bypass
    the web filtering. I think they call it a Safe List. Check the
    documentation/help file.

    mhicaoidh, Jan 27, 2005
  7. Lee Geist

    Unknown Guest

    You are extremely obnoxious. Who are you trying to impress with your foul
    language?
    "Kutloze Scheefgepoepte" <> wrote
    in message news:...

    Unknown, Jan 27, 2005
  8. "Unknown" <> wrote in message

    Top-posting fixed.

    >> "Kutloze Scheefgepoepte"
    >> <> wrote in message

    >> "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> I wouldn't advise it. But for an hour or so if your Windows are
    >>> patched up to date, you are less likely to run into problems like
    >>> sasser, blaster, etc. Hackers getting in is a possibility but not
    >>> real likely. Can't you set ZA to allow full communications with the
    >>> particular sites? And from your post it appears you are running two
    >>> firewalls, not a good idea.

    >> That was really fuckin' helpful, eh, you prized donkey's arse?

    > You are extremely obnoxious.

    I'll graciously accept that compliment on Kutloze Scheefgepoeptes' behalf,
    he'll be thrilled. Thank you.

    > Who are you trying to impress with your foul language?

    He seems to have grabbed what's left of your meagre mind, Roger. Is there
    something you'd like me to convey to him on your behalf so as not to distort
    the drivel you spout, mmm?

    --
    Wanna look at my little titties?

    Illanas' Flaps, Jan 27, 2005
  9. "Unknown" <> wrote in message
    > You are extremely obnoxious.

    Who gives a **** what you think. Why don't you tell some **** that cares you
    fuckin' retard?

    > Who are you trying to impress with your foul language?

    It grabbed you attention as short as that fuckin' is, eh?.

    Ga'rn, **** off you wanker and get a thicker skin.

    --
    You ain't Dutch if you've been conned.

    Kutloze Scheefgepoepte, Jan 27, 2005
  10. Lee Geist

    Unknown Guest

    Never fails to make me wonder why idiots think that using foul language
    impresses people. I think you should grow up and learn how to communicate
    instead of trying to impress people with foul language.

    Unknown, Jan 27, 2005
  11. "Unknown" <> wrote in message

    Top-posting fixed for the retard.

    >> "Kutloze Scheefgepoepte"
    >> <> wrote in message

    >> "Unknown" <> wrote in message
    >>> You are extremely obnoxious.

    >> Who gives a **** what you think. Why don't you tell some **** that
    >> cares you fuckin' retard?
    >>
    >>> Who are you trying to impress with your foul language?

    >> It grabbed you attention as short as that fuckin' is, eh?.
    >>
    >> Ga'rn, **** off you wanker and get a thicker skin.

    > Never fails to make me wonder why idiots think

    You're living proof that you don't, fuckstick.

    > that using foul language impresses people.

    You stated that in your first post. Are we to take it that you weren't
    convinced of what you meant the first time that emphasis was required on
    your second attempt, mmm?

    > I think

    It's already been established that you don't, you mindless slug.

    > you should grow up and learn how to communicate instead
    > of trying to impress people with foul language.

    From your first post:
    "Who are you trying to impress with your foul language?"

    From your second post:
    "using foul language impresses people"

    Presumably you're not even impressing yourself with your razor sharp skill
    of retort, eh?

    Perhaps you'd like a third try at fucking up 'what you don't know you want
    to say', eh, **** up?

    --
    You ain't Dutch if you've been conned.

    Kutloze Scheefgepoepte, Jan 27, 2005
  12. Lee Geist

    engelbert Guest

    "Kutloze Scheefgepoepte" <>
    wrote in message news:...
    > "Unknown" <> wrote in message
    >
    > Top-posting fixed for the retard.
    >
    >>> "Kutloze Scheefgepoepte"
    >>> <> wrote in message

    >>> "Unknown" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Who gives a **** what you think. Why don't you tell some **** that
    >>> cares you fuckin' retard?

    >>> It grabbed you attention as short as that fuckin' is, eh?.
    >>>
    >>> Ga'rn, **** off you wanker and get a thicker skin.

    >> Never fails to make me wonder why idiots think

    > You're living proof that you don't, fuckstick.
    >
    >> that using foul language impresses people.

    > You stated that in your first post. Are we to take it that you weren't
    > convinced of what you meant the first time that emphasis was required on
    > your second attempt, mmm?
    >
    >> I think

    > It's already been established that you don't, you mindless slug.
    >
    >> you should grow up and learn how to communicate instead
    >> of trying to impress people with foul language.

    > From your first post:
    > "Who are you trying to impress with your foul language?"
    >
    > From your second post:
    > "using foul language impresses people"
    >
    > Presumably you're not even impressing yourself with your razor sharp skill
    > of retort, eh?
    >
    > Perhaps you'd like a third try at fucking up 'what you don't know you want
    > to say', eh, **** up?
    >
    > --
    > You ain't Dutch if you've been conned.

    bwahahahahaha you so funny............

    eng

    engelbert, Jan 27, 2005

    Gloria Goitre, Jan 27, 2005
  14. Lee Geist

    TAB Guest

    > instead of trying to impress people with foul language.
    Now, that was impressive. And he never took one breath!

    TAB, Jan 28, 2005
  15. Kutloze Scheefgepoepte, <>,
    wrote:

    > "Unknown" <> wrote in message

    >> You are extremely obnoxious.

    > Ga'rn, **** off you wanker and get a thicker skin.

    Oh, how diabolical. He gets a new skin, sturdy, strong, tough and leathery,
    ready to be flailed off all over again with mere metaphor.

    --
    G Morgan admits that he gets told he's a
    fuckwit, not just on usenet, but in in real

    Pirex Dextranicum Petraeus Entomobirnavirus, Jan 28, 2005
  16. "Pirex Dextranicum Petraeus Entomobirnavirus"
    <-impotent-grape.net>
    wrote in message
    > Kutloze Scheefgepoepte,
    > <>, wrote:
    >
    >> "Unknown" <> wrote in message

    >>> You are extremely obnoxious.

    >> Ga'rn, **** off you wanker and get a thicker skin.

    > Oh, how diabolical. He gets a new skin, sturdy, strong, tough and
    > leathery, ready to be flailed off all over again with mere metaphor.

    He's a tough cookie that Scheefgepoepte.

    --
    Glorious Goitre

    Gloria Goitre, Jan 28, 2005
  17. "Pirex Dextranicum Petraeus Entomobirnavirus"
    <-impotent-grape.net>
    wrote in message
    > Kutloze Scheefgepoepte,
    > <>, wrote:
    >
    >> "Unknown" <> wrote in message

    >>> You are extremely obnoxious.

    >> Ga'rn, **** off you wanker and get a thicker skin.

    > Oh, how diabolical. He gets a new skin, sturdy, strong, tough and
    > leathery, ready to be flailed off all over again with mere metaphor.

    Do you expect him to understand that, or just return with threats of knives
    and a pair of pliers and what he's going to do to your testicles?

    --
    You ain't Dutch if you've been conned.

    Kutloze Scheefgepoepte, Jan 28, 2005