    DCOM buffer overflow exploit attempt detected". Is this someone trying to
    hack my system or maybe a worm or something. Any response would be greatly
    taken. TIA
    mannyG, Aug 23, 2003

  2. mannyG

    Brian H¹© Guest

    mannyG said:

    > Hi I just have a general question. I'm running sygate personal firewall pro
    > edition, recently I've been getting alot of alerts reading "F30002 DCE/RPC
    > DCOM buffer overflow exploit attempt detected". Is this someone trying to
    > hack my system or maybe a worm or something. Any response would be greatly
    > taken. TIA

    Have you been asleep for the past week or 2?
    Brian H¹©, Aug 23, 2003

  3. mannyG

    Sonia XX Guest

    "mannyG" <> wrote in message
    > Hi I just have a general question. I'm running sygate personal firewall

    pro
    > edition, recently I've been getting alot of alerts reading "F30002 DCE/RPC
    > DCOM buffer overflow exploit attempt detected". Is this someone trying to
    > hack my system or maybe a worm or something. Any response would be

    greatly
    > taken. TIA

    Read the subject i sent my sygate is getting full
    Sonia XX, Aug 23, 2003
  4. mannyG

    Boomer Guest

    Brian H¹© said:

    > mannyG said:
    >
    >> Hi I just have a general question. I'm running sygate personal
    >> firewall pro edition, recently I've been getting alot of alerts
    >> reading "F30002 DCE/RPC DCOM buffer overflow exploit attempt
    >> detected". Is this someone trying to hack my system or maybe a
    >> worm or something. Any response would be greatly taken. TIA

    > Have you been asleep for the past week or 2?

    No wonder people get viruses, worms, spyware etc.

    <sigh>
    Boomer, Aug 23, 2003
  5. mannyG

    Boomer Guest

    mannyG said:

    > Hi I just have a general question. I'm running sygate personal
    > firewall pro edition, recently I've been getting alot of alerts
    > reading "F30002 DCE/RPC DCOM buffer overflow exploit attempt
    > detected". Is this someone trying to hack my system or maybe a
    > worm or something. Any response would be greatly taken. TIA

    Please read
    Subject: My Sygate firewall is getting full
    Posted about 7 hours ago.

    Or lookup here:
    Boomer, Aug 23, 2003
  6. mannyG Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed
    in <n7y1b.1312$>:

    > Hi I just have a general question. I'm running sygate personal
    > firewall pro edition, recently I've been getting alot of alerts
    > reading "F30002 DCE/RPC
    > DCOM buffer overflow exploit attempt detected". Is this someone
    > trying to
    > hack my system or maybe a worm or something. Any response would be
    > greatly
    > taken. TIA

    Dunno if this has been answered yet, but the recent MSBlaster worm
    (or similar) would be my guess...

    NOI
    Thund3rstruck, Aug 23, 2003