    ?????????

    I am running winXP - wireless network with laptop - norton 2006

    help please

    Hooter, May 18, 2006

  2. Hooter

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 18 May 2006 18:45:58 +0100, "Hooter" <>
    wrote:

    >I have been playing internet hearts, but all of a sudden it will not
    >connect. If I switch off the norton 2006 firewall it is OK.
    >
    >I have added internet hearts to be permited in the firewall but will still
    >not work.
    >
    >?????????
    >
    >I am running winXP - wireless network with laptop - norton 2006

    Get rid of the bloatware Norton. Get a good freeware firewall, Kerio
    is a good start.

    Evan Platt, May 18, 2006

  3. X-No-Archive: YES
    Hooter [] has entered into testimony

    > I have been playing internet hearts, but all of a sudden it will not
    > connect. If I switch off the norton 2006 firewall it is OK.
    >
    > I have added internet hearts to be permited in the firewall but will
    > still not work.
    >
    > ?????????
    >
    > I am running winXP - wireless network with laptop - norton 2006
    >
    > help please

    Norton *blech!*

    Dump Norton, install ZoneAlarm, run MSHEARTS, when ZoneAlarm asks if
    MSHEARTS.EXE can connect to the Internet, check the option to always
    apply the action, then authorize the connection.

    --

    Skepticult® Member# 581-00504-208
    ChadwickStone at Gmail dot com

    Chadwick Stone©, May 18, 2006
  4. Hooter

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Hooter wrote:
    > I have been playing internet hearts, but all of a sudden it will not
    > connect. If I switch off the norton 2006 firewall it is OK.
    >
    > I have added internet hearts to be permited in the firewall but will still
    > not work.
    >
    > ?????????
    >
    > I am running winXP - wireless network with laptop - norton 2006
    >
    > help please

    Are you using a wireless router?

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, May 19, 2006
  5. Hooter

    Plato Guest

    Hooter wrote:

    > I have been playing internet hearts, but all of a sudden it will not
    > connect. If I switch off the norton 2006 firewall it is OK.

    Well there you go. Dont use Norton's.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, May 19, 2006
  6. Hooter

    JoLynn Guest

    What does your IPCONFIG say?

    Sounds like your DNS settings might be missing.

    JoLynn, May 19, 2006