    xp
    p4 1.8
    Thanks in advance

    Don, Feb 6, 2006

  2. Don

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sun, 5 Feb 2006 21:13:45 -0800, "Don" <me2me.com> wrote:

    >I have to turn off my personal firewall on norton to recieve e-mail on
    >outlook express 6.other programs also won't run.
    >xp
    >p4 1.8
    >Thanks in advance

    Do you have a question somewhere there?

    Evan Platt, Feb 6, 2006

  3. Don

    Don Guest

    I know I haven't always had to do turn off my firewall to get e-mail.with me
    messing around I pushed the wrong button somehow.
    thanks Don

    Don, Feb 6, 2006
  4. Don

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 6 Feb 2006 05:47:19 -0800, "Don" <me2me.com> wrote:

    >I know I haven't always had to do turn off my firewall to get e-mail.with me
    >messing around I pushed the wrong button somehow.
    >thanks Don

    Ok, if you're responding to someone other than yourself, respond to
    that person, not yourself.

    I personally don't use Norton, it's bloatware. There's many other free
    firewall solutions much more user friendly.

    Kerio is one.

    Evan Platt, Feb 6, 2006
  5. Don

    *x@y* Guest

    "Don" <me2me.com> wrote in message
    >I have to turn off my personal firewall on norton to recieve e-mail on
    > outlook express 6.other programs also won't run.
    > xp
    > p4 1.8
    > Thanks in advance

    Hi Don,

    Try to turn off only the Mail scanning "Option"

    If You turn the Firewall off, Your Computer will be not
    protected. For what I read in NG's, Norton is not set, as yet
    to scan E-mails, it is causing problems all over the Globe.

    Good Luck, x@y

    *x@y*, Feb 6, 2006