    said no.

    Do I have any reason to be concerned?

    Best Regards
    Sale, Jan 13, 2004

  2. In article <bu1gm4$clgc7$-berlin.de>,
    says...
    > " Generic Host Process for Win32 Services (svchost.exe)is being
    > contacted from a remote machine (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) using local port 135
    > (EPMAP - Location service - Dynamically assign ports for RPC). Do you
    > want to allow this program to access the network? "
    >
    > This is the message that I got from Sygate PF 5.5 a few minutes ago. I
    > said no.
    >
    > Do I have any reason to be concerned?
    >
    > Best Regards

    It's doing it's job.

    --
    Colonel Flagg
    http://www.internetwarzone.org/

    Privacy at a click:
    http://www.cotse.net

    A: None, he just defines Darkness? as the new industry standard..."

    "...I see stupid people."
    Colonel Flagg, Jan 13, 2004

  3. In article <bu1gm4$clgc7$-berlin.de>,
    says...
    > " Generic Host Process for Win32 Services (svchost.exe)is being
    > contacted from a remote machine (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) using local port 135
    > (EPMAP - Location service - Dynamically assign ports for RPC). Do you
    > want to allow this program to access the network? "
    >
    > This is the message that I got from Sygate PF 5.5 a few minutes ago. I
    > said no.
    >
    > Do I have any reason to be concerned?

    Likely just a messenger spammer, you'll see them try 135-139 and 445. I
    wouldn't worry about it, but I wouldn't allow it either.

    /steve
    --
    You simply cannot get more server side control of
    your e-mail without running your own mail server and
    Stephen K. Gielda, Jan 13, 2004
  4. Sale

    Sale Guest

    Stephen K. Gielda wrote:

    > In article <bu1gm4$clgc7$-berlin.de>,
    > says...
    >
    >>" Generic Host Process for Win32 Services (svchost.exe)is being
    >>contacted from a remote machine (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) using local port 135
    >>(EPMAP - Location service - Dynamically assign ports for RPC). Do you
    >>want to allow this program to access the network? "
    >>
    >>This is the message that I got from Sygate PF 5.5 a few minutes ago. I
    >>said no.
    >>
    >>Do I have any reason to be concerned?
    >>

    > Likely just a messenger spammer, you'll see them try 135-139 and 445. I
    > wouldn't worry about it, but I wouldn't allow it either.
    >
    > /steve

    Thanks, I just needed to check
    Sale, Jan 15, 2004