    there is no any specific function.

    Chandrakant

    , Nov 4, 2006

  2. In article <>,
    <> wrote:

    >is this possible for firewall configuration .. my requirement is like
    >following way..

    > 1) i want to particular ip on particular subnet mask

    Sorry, your verb "permit" or "deny" was accidently omitted in that line.

    > 2) also want to block particular port on that particular ip with
    >subnet mask..

    >is this possible to change without iptables. if yes then how/if no then
    >how can i deny access to particular ip on particular subnet mark with
    >given port, and i want to do this all with C program, if is there any
    >function then plz suggest me.. or help me, how to write program if
    >there is no any specific function.

    Your reference to ipchains and a C program has me confused. Are you
    trying to affect firewall workings on a Linux system, or are you
    trying to affect the configuration of a Cisco PIX or ASA, or are
    you trying to affect the configuration ofa Cisco IOS router, or something
    else?

    If you are not attempting to affect the configuration of Cisco
    equipment, then you should probably be asking your question in
    comp.security.firewalls rather than comp.dcom.sys.cisco .

    Walter Roberson, Nov 4, 2006