    wich of these works best .
    I notice nis 2003 uses lots of resourses and is a pig for space .
    which would you use ???..thanks

    DRVNGUY, Nov 2, 2004

  2. DRVNGUY

    jda^fx Guest

    On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 16:33:01 -0500, DRVNGUY wrote:

    > zone alarm 5.0 pro or norton internet security
    > wich of these works best .
    > I notice nis 2003 uses lots of resourses and is a pig for space .
    > which would you use ???..thanks

    You might wan't to take a look at Kaskersky anitvirus and antihacker.
    www.kaspersky.com It's got a cool realtimeprotection and dosen't kill your
    system
    jda^fx

    jda^fx, Nov 2, 2004

  3. DRVNGUY

    Fuzzy Logic Guest

    "DRVNGUY" <> wrote in news:auqdnW1XIcb4YxrcRVn-
    :

    > zone alarm 5.0 pro or norton internet security
    > wich of these works best .

    The answer will depend on what you want it to do. They do things
    differently.

    Fuzzy Logic, Nov 2, 2004
  4. DRVNGUY

    big red fred Guest

    Stay Away from Norton Products they are bad news don't believe the hype.

    big red fred, Nov 2, 2004
  5. I have F-Secure AV and Firewall Suite. I couldn't be happier. It rocks!

    I had ZoneAlarm and AVG AV before and I can't believe I settled for that
    solution. Like they say, the only thing good about them is the price (free).

    I'd recommend F-Secure to anyone.

    Armchair Einstein, Nov 2, 2004
  6. Kerio 2 would be [is] my choice but Kerio 4 is bloatware much like ZA and
    NIS.

    Use.Netuser.de, Nov 3, 2004
  7. DRVNGUY

    Tim Taylor Guest

    Use.Netuser.de wrote:
    > Kerio 2 would be [is] my choice but Kerio 4 is bloatware much like ZA and
    > NIS.
    >
    > "DRVNGUY" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>zone alarm 5.0 pro or norton internet security
    >>wich of these works best .
    >>I notice nis 2003 uses lots of resourses and is a pig for space .
    >>which would you use ???..thanks

    I personally prefer Sygate Personal Firewall and it can be had at
    http://www.sygate.com . It doesn't really leave a big footprint on
    system resources and works great. Like any software firewall, it has to
    be "trained".

    Tim Taylor, Nov 3, 2004
  8. DRVNGUY

    sethra Guest

    "DRVNGUY" <> wrote in news:auqdnW1XIcb4YxrcRVn-
    :

    > zone alarm 5.0 pro or norton internet security
    > wich of these works best .
    > I notice nis 2003 uses lots of resourses and is a pig for space .
    > which would you use ???..thanks

    C. None of the Above

    Kerio v2.1.5
    Does what it should without bloat or making bollocks with the system.

    Oh, it's free too.
    --
    ~sethra

    sethra, Nov 4, 2004
  9. DRVNGUY

    zippy do da Guest

    sethra wrote:
    > "DRVNGUY" <> wrote in news:auqdnW1XIcb4YxrcRVn-
    > :
    >

    >>zone alarm 5.0 pro or norton internet security
    >>wich of these works best .
    >>I notice nis 2003 uses lots of resourses and is a pig for space .
    >>which would you use ???..thanks
    >>

    > C. None of the Above
    >
    > Kerio v2.1.5
    > Does what it should without bloat or making bollocks with the system.
    >
    > Oh, it's free too.

    I have found that both in fact are not very good at all eventually I am
    getting a physical box instead.

    zippy do da, Nov 4, 2004
  10. DRVNGUY

    zippy do da Guest

    zippy do da wrote:

    > sethra wrote:
    >
    >> "DRVNGUY" <> wrote in news:auqdnW1XIcb4YxrcRVn-
    >> :
    >>

    >>> zone alarm 5.0 pro or norton internet security
    >>> wich of these works best .
    >>> I notice nis 2003 uses lots of resourses and is a pig for space .
    >>> which would you use ???..thanks
    >>>

    >> C. None of the Above
    >>
    >> Kerio v2.1.5
    >> Does what it should without bloat or making bollocks with the system.
    >>
    >> Oh, it's free too.

    > I have found that both in fact are not very good at all eventually I am
    > getting a physical box instead.

    and thanks I keep an eye out for that firewall softare to use as well.

    zippy do da, Nov 4, 2004