    Asus a8v-e deluxe
    athalon 64 3200
    western digital 80 gig drive .
    Drvnguy, Aug 7, 2005

  2. Tiny Software have released a public beta of a 64-bit version their
    free Personal Firewall:

    http://www.tinysoftware.com/home/tiny2?s=5375286922906778942A1&&pg=content05&an=tf64_download

    and the Windows Firewall included in x64, its more than you will really ever
    need, like someone said, its best to invest in a cheap router or NAT.

    Avast is an AntiVirus, not a Firewall.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa, Aug 7, 2005

  3. Use Nvidia Firewall that comes with Nvidia drivers.. its the best you can
    ever find.

    =?Utf-8?B?YW5hbmk=?=, Aug 7, 2005
  4. Drvnguy

    -Dan- Guest

    Andre,

    I started to try that last night, but the EULA requires payment. There is no mention of free that I could find.

    --
    -Dan-

    -Dan-, Aug 7, 2005
  5. Drvnguy

    -Dan- Guest

    anani,

    If you got the nV firewall to work with no problems then you are probably the only one. E-mail posting and upload speed were a PITA for me.

    --
    -Dan-
    -Dan-, Aug 7, 2005
  6. Sorry, I don't think any is available except for pay for ones mentioned.
    Your best case right now is to use the Windows Firewall. Hopefully Zone
    Alarm will bring one to market. I will continue looking.

    Andre Da Costa, Aug 7, 2005
  7. You can't possibly be serious, given all the mess that POS has caused for x64
    users on this newsgroup.

    --
    Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
    ======================

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 8, 2005
  8. Drvnguy

    Michael Zerr Guest

    I have said this a million times in this news group. I think the best
    protection would be 1. use the built in windows firewall 2. buy a d-link
    or linksys router for about $40.
    (note I think a firewall should protect your pc from un-authorized
    access from the outside - I do not think a firewall should be a
    anti-spyware/virus tool, if your worried about spyware or viri get a
    good anti-virus program or a spyware program)

    Myself, I am pretty paranoid about security and I am just running
    windows firewall behind a linksys router. I also have mcaffe virus scan.
    I am not stupid enough to install things like kazza or other spyware
    infested programs and I surf the web with firefox.

    Michael Zerr, Aug 8, 2005