    My current fireall does not work with Windows XP 64 bit. Does anyone know a
    good (and, if possible, a free) internet security for the 64-bit XP version?
    Thanks for your advise.

    Bart, Feb 11, 2007

  2. Most people here, but for some with Corporate restrictions, favor the
    integrated Windows Firewall to most anything else. Since you have payed for
    it, I think you could safely use it!

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Feb 11, 2007

  3. Bart

    Dshai Guest

    For a firewall I find Outpost to do quite well, as to anti-virus, I use
    Nod32, both are compatible with XP Pro x64.

    --

    Dshai

    Life is only limited by those living it...

    Dshai, Feb 12, 2007
  4. The one that came with your operating system is quite good. And free, or
    rather already paid for.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Feb 12, 2007
  5. On Feb 12, 4:03 am, "Bart" <> wrote:
    > My current fireall does not work with Windows XP 64 bit. Does anyone know a
    > good (and, if possible, a free) internet security for the 64-bit XP version?
    > Thanks for your advise.

    Try ghostwall. It is free and works just fine. Setup can be a bit
    tedious if you use a lot of messengers, etc as you have to open each
    port to each range of IP addresses as you discover you need them. I
    have been using it for many months and am a happy camper.

    http://www.ghostsecurity.com/ghostwall/

    'Flyer

    Computerflyer, Feb 12, 2007