FireFox's Cache

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Morgi3, Jan 23, 2006.

  1. Morgi3

    Morgi3 Guest

    Hi guys, hopefully someone can quickly correct me if I am wrong on any
    of this...

    So in V1.5 of FireFox am I right in saying that the "cache.trash"
    folder located at:

    C:\Documents and Settings\PROFILE_NAME\Application
    Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\XXXXXXXX.default\Cache.Trash

    serves no purpose as all files seem to now be cached in the default
    location that IE would use at:

    C:\Documents and Settings\PROFILE_NAME\Local Settings\Temporary
    Internet Files

    ....right? Where as previous versions of FF would cache at:

    C:\Documents and Settings\PROFILE_NAME\Application
    Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\XXXXXXXX.default\Cache

    ....? If anyone can confirm or correct me on this it would be great.
    Also really just to know in v1.5 is the cache.trash folder every used
    in any circumstances??

    Thanks very much.
    Morgi3, Jan 23, 2006

  2. Morgi3

    Morgi3 Guest

    Just to add to this....I've been able to get hold of a few old versions
    of FF for testing (from oldversion.com) and noticed that in v.0.8 the
    cache was in fact stored at:

    C:\Documents and Settings\PROFILE_NAME\Application
    Data\Phoenix\Profiles\Default\XXXXXXXX.slt\Cache

    (Not sure if the .slt is standard of differs). My question here would
    really be am I right in thinking that all versions of FF <= v.0.8 store
    their cache at the above location?

    Again, thanks for any info. or pointers.
    Morgi3, Jan 23, 2006

  3. Morgi3

    elaich Guest

    "Morgi3" <> wrote in

    > So in V1.5 of FireFox am I right in saying that the "cache.trash"
    > folder located at:
    >
    > C:\Documents and Settings\PROFILE_NAME\Application
    > Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\XXXXXXXX.default\Cache.Trash
    >
    > serves no purpose as all files seem to now be cached in the default
    > location that IE would use at:
    >
    > C:\Documents and Settings\PROFILE_NAME\Local Settings\Temporary
    > Internet Files

    I'm running 1.5 and the cache.trash folder does not exist on my system. The
    cache is where it's always been.
    elaich, Jan 23, 2006