    I cannot get past "Open about". Is that in Help? About only shows version
    and Credits.
    Bert
    Bert, Oct 30, 2004

  2. Bert

    wps Guest

    "Bert" <> wrote in
    news:cm0rfo$jr3$:

    > Hi,
    > Dell WXp. Loaded Firefox into new machine. V 0.10.1. Started with
    > Earthlink ISP. Set Internet Option to load google at starting.
    > Opened Firefox.
    > Prompt: Google cannot be found. Please check name and try later!
    > As a matter of fact no matter what DNS I type in nothing comes up.
    > Any ideas? I cannot figure MozillaZine comment "Open about: config
    > and right-click add two integer prefs and restart Firefox:
    > network.dnsCacheExperation = 64800 etc.
    > I cannot get past "Open about". Is that in Help? About only shows
    > version and Credits.
    > Bert

    In the address box, where you would normally type a URL type
    "about:config" (no quotes, no spaces) and press Enter (or click Go).
    You'll see a bunch of configuration settings.

    Scroll down until you see network.dns...... If there already is a
    setting for network.dnsCacheExpiration and it is not 64800, click on that
    entry to select it then Right click. From the menu click Modify. You'll
    get a box where you can enter the desired value.

    If there is no entry for network.dnsCacheExpiration, right click the
    select New->String. Enter the prefernece name
    (network.dnsCacheExpiration) then the desired value.

    I'm not sure what this value does, but that's how you'd set it.
    wps, Oct 31, 2004