    How do I change the cache folder?

    I'm sure there will be other questions as I delve further.

    Thanks in advance.
    Reb, Apr 19, 2008

  2. Reb wrote:

    > How do I change the cache folder?

    in the address bar type in about:config and look for this line:

    browser.cache.disk.parent_directory

    once found, double click on it and change it. If its not
    there to begin with, then right click on any entry, select
    New, String, and enter the line above into the first box,
    then the location into the second.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Apr 20, 2008

  3. Reb wrote:

    > How do I stop hyperlinks being underlined?

    in the address bar type in about:config and look for this entry:

    browser.underline_anchors

    once found, double click on the and change it to false

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Apr 20, 2008
  4. Reb

    Lukan Guest

    >> How do I stop hyperlinks being underlined?
    >
    > in the address bar type in about:config and look for this entry:
    >
    > browser.underline_anchors
    >
    > once found, double click on the and change it to false

    ....struggling to think of a reason why anyone would want to do this....

    Someone help me out.
    Lukan, Apr 20, 2008
  5. Lukan wrote:
    >>> How do I stop hyperlinks being underlined?

    >> in the address bar type in about:config and look for this entry:
    >>
    >> browser.underline_anchors
    >>
    >> once found, double click on the and change it to false

    > ...struggling to think of a reason why anyone would want to do this....
    >
    > Someone help me out.

    help you out with what?

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Apr 20, 2008
  6. Reb

    Reb Guest

    Lukan wrote:
    >>> How do I stop hyperlinks being underlined?

    >> in the address bar type in about:config and look for this entry:
    >>
    >> browser.underline_anchors
    >>
    >> once found, double click on the and change it to false

    > ...struggling to think of a reason why anyone would want to do this....
    >
    > Someone help me out.

    Hi I do it because a long list of links can look a little cluttered on a
    page
    Reb, Apr 20, 2008
  7. Reb

    Reb Guest

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Reb wrote:
    >
    >> How do I stop hyperlinks being underlined?

    > in the address bar type in about:config and look for this entry:
    >
    > browser.underline_anchors
    >
    > once found, double click on the and change it to false

    Thanks for that. Probably the reason I could not find anything relating
    to this was because the string did not exist.
    Reb, Apr 20, 2008
  8. Reb wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> Reb wrote:
    >>
    >>> How do I stop hyperlinks being underlined?

    >> in the address bar type in about:config and look for this entry:
    >>
    >> browser.underline_anchors
    >>
    >> once found, double click on the and change it to false
    >>

    > Thanks for that. Probably the reason I could not find anything relating
    > to this was because the string did not exist.

    if it doesn't exist, then right click on any entry, select
    New, Boolean, and enter the required entries.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Apr 20, 2008
  9. Reb

    Reb Guest

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Reb wrote:
    >> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    >>> in the address bar type in about:config and look for this entry:
    >>>
    >>> browser.underline_anchors
    >>>
    >>> once found, double click on the and change it to false
    >>>

    >> Thanks for that. Probably the reason I could not find anything
    >> relating to this was because the string did not exist.

    > if it doesn't exist, then right click on any entry, select New, Boolean,
    > and enter the required entries.

    Thanks Peter all done!
    Reb, Apr 20, 2008
  10. On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 18:35:57 +1200, Lukan <> wrote:

    > >> How do I stop hyperlinks being underlined?

    > > in the address bar type in about:config and look for this entry:
    > >
    > > browser.underline_anchors
    > >
    > > once found, double click on the and change it to false

    > ...struggling to think of a reason why anyone would want to do this....
    >
    > Someone help me out.

    I have low vision, and underlined links make them nearly impossible for me
    to read. I've disabled the underlines ever since I used Netscape version
    1.x, soon to be 15 years ago. People make these sorts of personal
    adjustments for any number of reasons, but readability and accessibility
    are certainly high on the list for some of us. Thankfully, both Netscape,
    and Firefox, have always allowed for making this very important change. :)
    --
    FoxWolfie
    FoxWolfie Galen, Apr 21, 2008