Firefox

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by OldPhart, Jun 7, 2007.

  1. OldPhart

    OldPhart Guest

    "NickyNickNickNickNick" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    | Why does Firefox start up so much slower than IE?

    Because it has to come from downunder?

    --
    OldPhart

    OldPhart, Jun 7, 2007

  2. Why does Firefox start up so much slower than IE?
    NickyNickNickNickNick, Jun 7, 2007

  3. OldPhart

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 21:37:02 -0500, NickyNickNickNickNick
    <> wrote:

    >Why does Firefox start up so much slower than IE?

    Because IE is integrated so tightly with your operating system. A good
    portion of IE is always running.
    Evan Platt, Jun 7, 2007
  4. In the fabulous 24hoursupport.helpdesk On Wed, 6 Jun 2007 20:33:56
    -0500 "OldPhart" <> wrote :

    >"NickyNickNickNickNick" <> wrote in message
    >| Why does Firefox start up so much slower than IE?
    >|

    >Because it has to come from downunder?

    Down underwhere?
    NickyNickNickNickNick, Jun 7, 2007
  5. OldPhart

    Plato Guest

    NickyNickNickNickNick wrote:

    > Why does Firefox start up so much slower than IE?

    IT's a feature really. Yes, it does take longer because its NOT part of
    the OS like IE is. But, Firefox is still worth using by any means.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Jun 7, 2007
  6. OldPhart

    Plato Guest

    Evan Platt wrote:

    > >Why does Firefox start up so much slower than IE?

    > Because IE is integrated so tightly with your operating system. A good
    > portion of IE is always running.

    It's not really integrated, its an integral part of the OS.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Jun 7, 2007
  7. On 6/7/2007 12:22 AM, Plato after much thought,came up with this jewel:
    > Evan Platt wrote:
    >>> Why does Firefox start up so much slower than IE?

    >> Because IE is integrated so tightly with your operating system. A good
    >> portion of IE is always running.

    > It's not really integrated,

    because it doesn't play well with others
    --
    My Pages:
    Virus Removal Instructions:
    What's in a Name?, Jun 7, 2007
  8. Plato wrote:
    > Evan Platt wrote:
    >>
    >> >Why does Firefox start up so much slower than IE?

    >> Because IE is integrated so tightly with your operating system. A good
    >> portion of IE is always running.

    > It's not really integrated, its an integral part of the OS.

    That's what makes it...well, integrated.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Jun 7, 2007
  9. On 2007-06-07, in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, NickyNickNickNickNick waxed eloquently:
    > In the fabulous 24hoursupport.helpdesk On Wed, 6 Jun 2007 20:33:56
    > -0500 "OldPhart" <> wrote :
    >

    >>"NickyNickNickNickNick" <> wrote in message
    >>| Why does Firefox start up so much slower than IE?
    >>|

    >>Because it has to come from downunder?

    > Down underwhere?

    Keeps your gonads warm in winter...

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    It's useless to try to hold some people to anything they say while they're
    The Old Sourdough, Jun 7, 2007
  10. On 2007-06-07, in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, NickyNickNickNickNick waxed eloquently:
    > Why does Firefox start up so much slower than IE?

    As others have said, it's the nature of the beast. There is an add-on for
    Firefox called Firefox Preloader which loads parts of Firefox and keeps them
    running in memory, so that subsequent startups of Firefox are faster.

    The Old Sourdough, Jun 7, 2007
  11. NickyNickNickNickNick <> wrote in

    > Why does Firefox start up so much slower than IE?

    Give it a week to update...
    Sometimes it is very fast!
    Sometimes it is not so much.
    But, it *always* gets updated...

    --

    My newest company is developing computer chips which
    store and play music for implantation into women's boobs.

    This may resolve complaints from women about men always
    staring at their breasts - but never listening to them!
    Bucky Breeder, Jun 7, 2007
  12. On 2007-06-07, in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, Hair Pie waxed eloquently:
    >>On 2007-06-07, in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, NickyNickNickNickNick waxed eloquently:
    >>> Why does Firefox start up so much slower than IE?

    >>As others have said, it's the nature of the beast. There is an add-on for
    >>Firefox called Firefox Preloader which loads parts of Firefox and keeps them
    >>running in memory, so that subsequent startups of Firefox are faster.

    > Then wouldn't that make ones computer run slower?

    I've never noticed any appreciable difference. Depends on whether you have
    sufficient RAM installed.

    The Old Sourdough, Jun 7, 2007
  13. Hair Pie <> wrote in

    >>On 2007-06-07, in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, NickyNickNickNickNick waxed
    >>eloquently:
    >>> Why does Firefox start up so much slower than IE?

    >>As others have said, it's the nature of the beast. There is an add-on
    >>for Firefox called Firefox Preloader which loads parts of Firefox and
    >>keeps them running in memory, so that subsequent startups of Firefox are
    >>faster.

    > Then wouldn't that make ones computer run slower?

    It made mine startup more slowly. But I don't startup
    nearly as much as I launch my browser.

    Hey, if you want some Mozilla, you has to make some sacrifice.

    Bucky Breeder, Jun 7, 2007
  14. OldPhart

    Hair Pie Guest

    Hair Pie, Jun 7, 2007
  15. OldPhart

    Hair Pie Guest

    In 24hoursupport.helpdesk On 07 Jun 2007 12:06:35 GMT Bucky Breeder
    <> wrote :

    >Hair Pie <> wrote in
    >
    >>>On 2007-06-07, in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, NickyNickNickNickNick waxed
    >>>eloquently:
    >>>
    >>>As others have said, it's the nature of the beast. There is an add-on
    >>>for Firefox called Firefox Preloader which loads parts of Firefox and
    >>>keeps them running in memory, so that subsequent startups of Firefox are
    >>>faster.

    >> Then wouldn't that make ones computer run slower?
    >>

    >It made mine startup more slowly. But I don't startup
    >nearly as much as I launch my browser.
    >
    >Hey, if you want some Mozilla, you has to make some sacrifice.

    Wow! I just downloaded and install it. What a difference!
    Hair Pie, Jun 8, 2007
  16. OldPhart

    Hoselover Guest

    Because its a memory hogger! IE is much better!!

    Hoselover, Jun 14, 2007
  17. OldPhart

    Gordon Guest

    "Hoselover" <> wrote in message
    > Because its a memory hogger!

    And just how do you work that one out?

    > IE is much better!!

    At what? My Firefox 2 starts up FASTER than IE......Windows XP SP2.....
    Gordon, Jun 14, 2007
  18. Hoselover wrote:

    > "NickyNickNickNickNick" wrote:
    >> Why does Firefox start up so much slower than IE?

    > Because its a memory hogger! IE is much better!!

    You know not of what you speak.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 14, 2007
  19. NickyNickNickNickNick <> wrote in

    > Why does Firefox start up so much slower than IE?

    It's faster on mine.

    --

    Stock tip: Corn-dog Flavored Popcicles

    http://www.misternicehands.com/

    (Click on either hand...)
    Bucky Breeder, Jun 14, 2007
  20. OldPhart

    Jim Scott Guest

    "Hoselover" <> wrote in news:XYaci.19206$C96.110
    @newssvr23.news.prodigy.net:

    > Because its a memory hogger! IE is much better!!

    Oh, you are silly.
    --
    Jim S
    Tyneside UK