    on my hdd but it comes up empty & I know it has to be somewhere.
    ..I have unticked show system & hidden files in windows
    Any help is appreciated

    MrMagoo, Dec 19, 2005

  2. MrMagoo

    Jim Scott Guest

    On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 16:01:17 -0600, MrMagoo wrote:

    > Have xp pro sp2 with firefox 1.0.7
    > Need to know what the path to bookmarks.html is.I have run a serach
    > on my hdd but it comes up empty & I know it has to be somewhere.
    > .I have unticked show system & hidden files in windows
    > Any help is appreciated

    C:/Documents and Settings/
    YOURNAME/
    Application Data/
    Mozilla/
    Firefox/
    Profiles/
    ANUMBER/
    bookmarks.html

    The stuff in CAPITALS will be specific to you.
    --
    Jim
    Tyneside UK

    Jim Scott, Dec 19, 2005

  3. MrMagoo wrote:

    > Have xp pro sp2 with firefox 1.0.7
    > Need to know what the path to bookmarks.html is.I have run a serach
    > on my hdd but it comes up empty & I know it has to be somewhere. .I
    > have unticked show system & hidden files in windows Any help is
    > appreciated

    Normally:

    C:\Documents and Settings\<yourusername>\Application
    Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<randomletters>.default\bookmarks.html

    Be careful what you open it with...

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Dec 19, 2005
  4. MrMagoo

    DC Guest

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > MrMagoo wrote:

    >> Have xp pro sp2 with firefox 1.0.7
    >> Need to know what the path to bookmarks.html is.I have run a serach
    >> on my hdd but it comes up empty & I know it has to be somewhere. .I
    >> have unticked show system & hidden files in windows Any help is
    >> appreciated

    > Normally:

    > C:\Documents and Settings\<yourusername>\Application
    > Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<randomletters>.default\bookmarks.html

    > Be careful what you open it with...

    Naw, MS Word will do just fine. };O)

    JK!!!

    --
    DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

    The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many'
    and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites'.

    DC, Dec 19, 2005
  5. DC wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> Be careful what you open it with...

    > Naw, MS Word will do just fine. };O)
    >
    > JK!!!

    Heehee, hopefully all the readers know what "JK" is...

    Actually, I just opened it with OpenOffice (don't have Word), and it
    *reads* fine, but I'll be keeping my little mousy away from that picture
    of a diskette...

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Dec 19, 2005
  6. MrMagoo

    DC Guest

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > DC wrote:

    >> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >>> Be careful what you open it with...

    >> Naw, MS Word will do just fine. };O)

    >> JK!!!

    > Heehee, hopefully all the readers know what "JK" is...

    ("Just Kidding", for the uninitiated.)

    > Actually, I just opened it with OpenOffice (don't have Word), and it
    > *reads* fine, but I'll be keeping my little mousy away from that picture
    > of a diskette...

    I made that mistake once. Not in Word, I forget what I used... In any
    event, with all the markup and embedded favicon code and other fluff in
    that file, running HTML Tidy on it (by accident!) was not my brightest
    moment. In fact, the unbrightness was so total that my clock stopped
    and I haven't seen my stapler or my three-hole punch ever since.

    Could have been Note Tab Lite, maybe...

    Luckily, I always keep upbacks. }:O)

    DC, Dec 19, 2005