    Bing able to SET the DIR for Cache, and other files has been removed.
    I have over 10 Dir's, and C: drive is FULL, and FF wants to cache to
    the drive.
    Eash, Jun 16, 2006

  2. Eash

    gwtc Guest

    Eash wrote:
    > Interesting to note, that a NICE feature has been removed.
    > Bing able to SET the DIR for Cache, and other files has been removed.
    > I have over 10 Dir's, and C: drive is FULL, and FF wants to cache to
    > the drive.

    in the address bar type in about:config and look for this entry:

    browser.cache.disk.parent_directory

    when found double click on it and change to where you want the cache.
    If you don't find it, then right click on any entry and select New,
    String in the frist box, and the cache location in the next. Restart FF.

    --
    Funny Things To Do in An Elevator: Tip #1: Make race car noises when
    anyone gets on or off.
    gwtc, Jun 16, 2006

  3. Eash

    Splibbilla Guest

    gwtc <> in news:e6tfvq$1ais$:

    > Funny Things To Do in An Elevator: Tip #1: Make race car noises when
    > anyone gets on or off.

    while revving your propeller beanie
    Splibbilla, Jun 16, 2006
  4. Eash

    elaich Guest

    Eash <> wrote in

    > Interesting to note, that a NICE feature has been removed.
    > Bing able to SET the DIR for Cache, and other files has been removed.
    > I have over 10 Dir's, and C: drive is FULL, and FF wants to cache to
    > the drive.

    Are you on dialup? You really don't need a cache if you are on broadband,
    since things load so fast anyway.
    elaich, Jun 16, 2006
  5. Eash

    Riggo Guest

    elaich wrote:
    > Eash <> wrote in
    >
    >> Interesting to note, that a NICE feature has been removed.
    >> Bing able to SET the DIR for Cache, and other files has been removed.
    >> I have over 10 Dir's, and C: drive is FULL, and FF wants to cache to
    >> the drive.

    > Are you on dialup? You really don't need a cache if you are on broadband,
    > since things load so fast anyway.

    And in any event running your operating system (not your
    browser) with no space on your hard drive is a recipe for
    disaster.
    Riggo, Jun 17, 2006