    along the lines right?

    Cheers
    AC
    A Cowan, Mar 8, 2005

  2. A Cowan wrote:
    > You could save your workspace, I find that when I'm working on a project I
    > keep many web pages open at once in tabbed form, only to have to reopen them
    > all again manually everytime I startup my PC during the project lifetime.
    >
    > It'd be perfect if you could save the tabbed websites so that everytime you
    > start up FireFox you could easily choose your previous workspace, which then
    > opened all tabs to correct addresses automatically.
    >
    > They've probably already thought of this and its in the plans somewhere
    > along the lines right?
    >
    > Cheers
    > AC

    You could create a bookmark folder for the day, save all the work sites
    in it,then open the folder the next day using "open in tabs".
    -max
    This message is virus free as far as I can tell
    What's in a Name?, Mar 8, 2005

  3. A Cowan

    Jeff Evans Guest

    Jeff Evans, Mar 8, 2005
  4. A Cowan

    Me & Guest

    Opera does this (or did, since I have not used it for several years).
    In one sense it was nice, in another sense I would get so many pages
    held in limbo that it would take forever to load. Of course Opera is
    slow and crash prone anyhow which is why I stopped using it, not to
    mention the price.

    Anyhow, I miss the one feature that IE has, which is Right click on a
    page and create an icon on the desktop. That way when I was busy and
    had several pages open, and got tired or had to leave, I just made
    these desktop links. While I dont care for IE, I do miss that one
    option. What I have done in FF is to just make a bookmark folder
    called CURRENT, and put my working pages in there.

    Hope that helps.

    Me &, Mar 8, 2005
  5. A Cowan

    Dave Garrett Guest

    In article <d0j69b$h2n$>, jwevans1@you_eye_you_see.edu
    says...
    > A Cowan wrote:

    > > It'd be perfect if you could save the tabbed websites so that everytime you
    > > start up FireFox you could easily choose your previous workspace, which then
    > > opened all tabs to correct addresses automatically.

    > Is this extension what you had in mind?
    >
    > https://addons.update.mozilla.org/e...dows&category=Tabbed Browsing&numpg=10&id=436

    Does this work with multiple windows that each have multiple tabs open,
    or just with a single window with multiple tabs?

    Dave
    Dave Garrett, Mar 8, 2005
  6. A Cowan

    Guest

    On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 11:04:22 -0600, Dave Garrett <>
    wrote:

    If it had a bookmark system that was freak'n help instead of a
    hinderance.
    , Mar 8, 2005
  7. A Cowan

    A Cowan Guest

    Ahh, thanks for the link, looks like just what I wanted! Thanks for the
    different methods, and yeah true about the IE desktop option, I've only
    started using FF and didn't notice it missing. OTH I kept having to do a
    regular and complete clearup of my desktop thanks to that!

    AC

    A Cowan, Mar 9, 2005