    flash plugin manually.

    SG

    , Jul 25, 2005

  2. Travis Evans Guest

    On Sunday 24 July 2005 19:31, wrote:
    > I cannot get Firefox 1.0.6 to download updates and plugins. The
    > Checking for Updates window opens both times, but just sits there and
    > does nothing. I tried disbling my firewall but didn't work. I
    > installed flash plugin manually.

    In Preferences > Web features, is "Allow web sites to install software"
    checked?

    --
    Travis Evans
    [The email address on this post is valid, but may change from time to

    Travis Evans, Jul 25, 2005

  3. Moz Champion Guest

    wrote:
    > I cannot get Firefox 1.0.6 to download updates and plugins. The
    > Checking for Updates window opens both times, but just sits there and
    > does nothing. I tried disbling my firewall but didn't work. I installed
    > flash plugin manually.
    >
    > SG

    Well, Firefox doesnt work for plug ins, it only is available for the
    program itself, extensions and themes.

    It only checks with the update server to see if there are updates to
    Firefox, and any extension or theme you have installed. If it finds one,
    then it will give you an option to update/install

    Does the program report that it is checking on available updates? You
    should get a progress bar that when finished results in a report if any
    are available.

    It dont work for plugins

    Moz Champion, Jul 26, 2005
  4. Guest

    Travis Evans wrote:

    > In Preferences > Web features, is "Allow web sites to install software"
    > checked?

    Yep. Did it right after installation.

    \SG

    , Jul 26, 2005
  5. Guest

    Moz Champion wrote:

    > Does the program report that it is checking on available updates? You
    > should get a progress bar that when finished results in a report if any
    > are available.

    Yes, it just sits there and doesn't move.

    > It dont work for plugins

    It should still download them. It worked fine in v. 1.0.5.

    SG

    , Jul 26, 2005
  6. Moz Champion Guest

    wrote:
    > Moz Champion wrote:
    >

    >>Does the program report that it is checking on available updates? You
    >>should get a progress bar that when finished results in a report if any
    >>are available.

    > Yes, it just sits there and doesn't move.
    >

    >>It dont work for plugins

    > It should still download them. It worked fine in v. 1.0.5.
    >
    > SG

    Why should it, it isnt even designed to do plugins

    The Preference says right on it
    the program (Firefox)
    and Extensions and Themes

    Plugins are NOT an extension nor a theme.

    Now, you still should get the checking progress bar, is Firefox online
    while you are doing this? Any firewalls or such in use?

    Moz Champion, Jul 26, 2005
  7. dancertm Guest

    On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 07:16:46 GMT, Moz Champion
    <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> Moz Champion wrote:
    >>

    >>>Does the program report that it is checking on available updates? You
    >>>should get a progress bar that when finished results in a report if any
    >>>are available.

    >> Yes, it just sits there and doesn't move.
    >>

    >>>It dont work for plugins

    >> It should still download them. It worked fine in v. 1.0.5.
    >>
    >> SG
    >>

    >Why should it, it isnt even designed to do plugins
    >
    >The Preference says right on it
    >the program (Firefox)
    >and Extensions and Themes
    >
    >Plugins are NOT an extension nor a theme.
    >
    >Now, you still should get the checking progress bar, is Firefox online
    >while you are doing this? Any firewalls or such in use?

    I think what is being referred to is the same thing which happened to
    me the other day. Firefox said there were updates, then when you click
    ok the server on their side halts just about in the middle and nothing
    happens. I merely assumed it was busy and stopped the update and will
    do it manually when the server may not be as busy.

    dancertm, Jul 26, 2005
  8. Moz Champion Guest

    dancertm wrote:
    > On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 07:16:46 GMT, Moz Champion
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >> wrote:

    >>>Yes, it just sits there and doesn't move.

    >>>It should still download them. It worked fine in v. 1.0.5.
    >>>
    >>>SG
    >>>

    >>Why should it, it isnt even designed to do plugins
    >>
    >>The Preference says right on it
    >>the program (Firefox)
    >>and Extensions and Themes
    >>
    >>Plugins are NOT an extension nor a theme.
    >>
    >>Now, you still should get the checking progress bar, is Firefox online
    >>while you are doing this? Any firewalls or such in use?

    > I think what is being referred to is the same thing which happened to
    > me the other day. Firefox said there were updates, then when you click
    > ok the server on their side halts just about in the middle and nothing
    > happens. I merely assumed it was busy and stopped the update and will
    > do it manually when the server may not be as busy.

    Perhaps, but thats NOT what the user stated. He seems to imply that he
    isnt getting the check dialogue/progress bar.
    If you were into the update session itself, then thats an entirelly
    different problem, and may be related to server usage as you suspect.
    Never had that problem myself, but I usually do my updating AFTER the
    'first rush' is over (like a week after release) and in the wee hours of
    the morning

    Moz Champion, Jul 26, 2005